Carnival payments

ober134

I have posed this question to my PVP, and am waiting for an answer. I've also spoken to CS and got no usable info. So you folks might know how to help... My dilemma is I currently have 3 cruises booked out (I know, I know - what a terrible problem 😉)... and I have payments from several credit cards as well as gift cards to all 3 cruises, hoping to maximize  credit card points). All payments have been properly applied. I'm just trying to find a 'detailed' accounting of each payment for each cruise. Why can't I see this in Carnival? I want to see dates, amount, and payment source. TIA

My PVP said he can get the info, but it's a pain. Doesn't know why it's impossible to pull up payment history. Lesson learned, I've set up a spreadsheet and I'll record each time I make a payment and which credit card I used. 2 of my cruises I'm tracking were booked more than a year before sail date.... Really hard for me to trace back that far... Who woulda thought it would be so hard to look back.

9 hours ago, jingels said:

Every time I make a payment online, I receive an email memorializing the payment and cruise.  Did you pay online?

I was going to say this and even if I make a payment through my PVP I get an email with the details of the payment. I'm pretty sure that includes the payment source in the email but I'll have to check when I get home.

10 hours ago, jingels said:

Every time I make a payment online, I receive an email memorializing the payment and cruise.  Did you pay online?

I do get an email with each payment I make. But to look back a year? The emails do not provide specific details. I am using multiple credit cards and gift cards.... So I can't just run to a local bank. I've resorted to searching back thru a year's worth of credit card statements for each card I used and cross referencing email dates from Carnival. There are a few I don't see on credit card statements, so I'm left to assume those were gift cards. It shouldn't be this difficult to find my own payment history.

26 minutes ago, ober134 said:

It shouldn't be this difficult to find my own payment history.

It shouldn't ... I had to show payment(s) for insurance purposes and it would have been much easier to print out an account statement when you've made multiple payments.  Would definitely have been helpful.

Edited by christyran1228

You have a terrible problem keeping up the three cruises- but this maybe a case where pencil and paper would do you some good and write down the pay, card number, and date to compare to the electronic record. Good luck and enjoy cruising. 

12 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

You have a terrible problem keeping up the three cruises- but this maybe a case where pencil and paper would do you some good and write down the pay, card number, and date to compare to the electronic record. Good luck and enjoy cruising. 

Or an Excel spreadsheet.

Edited by sparks1093

1 minute ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am a 20th century type person who was taught accounting using ledgers. 

Me too but unfortunately I've had to adapt (and since I never actually had to do any accounting or bookkeeping I guess it was easier to transition). 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Me too but unfortunately I've had to adapt (and since I never actually had to do any accounting or bookkeeping I guess it was easier to transition). 

I've learned my lesson, and I did set up an excel spreadsheet going forward.... I would never guessed it was impossible to get historical payment data.

Edited by ober134
Edit
  • Like 1

I don't have Excel on my laptop so I use Google Sheets.  When I'm researching cruises, I usually have a few I'm considering, so I list them, # nights, cabin cost, etc. to help in my decision making.

Once I pick one, I then input my deposit and put a date for final payment.  If I make payments along the way (rarely, but I do sometimes have gift cards to apply), I record it there.

It's easier to keep up with than emails/updated invoices (including price drops).

OK, so I'm a CPA!  This sort of thing isn't a big deal for me. 😀  I have anxiety attacks if I don't keep my cruise info organized.  And, yes, with multiple cruises booked, I need them organized!

But I do agree that they should be able to just generate a report showing total price and itemized payments.