Remember the Art Auctions?

forgap

Interesting article.  I was strongly against the company that provided the art and auctions on Regent as they had been to court (and lost) -- not a very scrupulous company.  

Another thing that I don't miss are the photographs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just off the Mariner and I thought about the "art auctions" on our first cruises on the Mariner. The promenade near Coffee Connection is now an inviting area to relax or play board games. Any art there is permanent and attractive. Yes, marvelous that the "art auction" era is over on Regent.

• Thanks 1

I HATED those "boarding" photos with a passion.   All I wanted to do was to get on the ship and drink my champagne and not give a silly grin to an idiot with a camera!!  At one point I offered to pay the fellow to leave me alone...

• Haha 1

It is a very sad fact how involved Norwegian Cruise Lines is embedded in this Peter Max scam - they must know what is going on, most people in the art world have known for years that he has been unable to paint due to his mental decline.

Edited by gnomie1

Would refer all to another expose' on Park West Gallery written a few years back.  Do a Google, then highlight: 

a Bloomberg BusinessWeek 12/14/2016 article by Vernon Silver titled "Ever Bought Art on a Cruise?  Prepare to be Seasick."

A fun read.   

GOARMY!