Oasis Class Ships: Oceanview with Large Balcony

I'm considering flying cruising on Harmony of the Seas in December 2020. It will be me, my husband and our youngest daughter who would turn 16 on the cruise. As we've never cruised on a ship larger than Freedom, the choice of cabins on Harmony is mind-boggling to me! 

I'm certainly fascinated by the Central Park and Boardwalk balcony cabins but I know that I definitely want to see the sea.  And, although the aft Boardwalk balcony cabins do partly see the sea, I'm worried about the noise at night (my daughter and I are light sleepers)  plus not sure how I'd feel facing other cabins. So think I'm probably safest booking an oceanview balcony cabin.  I know that I've been very spoilt by our cruise last year where my family of five  cruised for two weeks from Sydney to Singapore on Voyager in two aft cabins - both of which had massive balconies (two loungers plus table & chairs).  So that's why I'm considering possibly an Oceanview with Large Balcony on this Harmony cruise even though I know it would still be half the size of our Voyager balconies.  But then I wonder if the increase in balcony size  between that and a regular balcony is negligible so not worth the increase in price and, since all the ones the Large balcony category cabins seem to be located on the first hump, that might perhaps not be a good location on the ship?  See I'm very confused!     

Does anyone that has sailed Harmony or another Oasis class ship, have any advice.  What are the favoured locations/decks on these ships?

Many thanks for any advice 🙂

Just get an Oceanview Balcony deck 8. And you can get to both ends of the ship easily. I wouldn't really worry about the balcony size, it should be sufficient for 3 people. 

We  were on the Oasis in Feb and had  large balcony Cabin on  deck 10 595 . Although there was just two  of us. I"m quite sure it would  be very adequate for the three of you. Hope it works for you . Enjoy. 

kruise runner

Edited by kruise runner

I think you will love the ship.  I also would not recommend deck 14.  Stick to cabins above and cabins below- towards the middle of the ship.  Have sailed in CPV cabins a couple of times and enjoyed the cabins.  Very quiet- perhaps too quiet as you do not see the sea and since the ship is so large do not have any idea if you are at sea or docked.  We did like it and the price was great!

Avoid the Boardwalk- too much noise day and night- Of course an oceanview balcony cabin is fine and also I would do deck 10.  If you can swing it, get a Junior suite- the extra room with your daughter and the huge storage space would be great. I would also avoid deck 14.  We had a horrible incident being below the pool deck.  They were doing some repairs in the middle of the night and the sounds of the tools woke us up- ruined the nights sleep.  Also, the moving of chairs during cleaning is annoying.

Enjoy your cruise.

I was on Allure in a large ocean view balcony. It was a decent size, but no where near the size of an aft balcony. The balcony is actually just deeper than a regular balcony, not longer, so you don’t really get any additional usable space. I would go for either a large balcony or a regular one, but wouldn’t pay more than a few dollars extra for the larger one unless you are getting it because the cabin is better located than your other choices. 

15 hours ago, jldev said:

But then I wonder if the increase in balcony size  between that and a regular balcony is negligible so not worth the increase in price and, since all the ones the Large balcony category cabins seem to be located on the first hump, that might perhaps not be a good location on the ship?  See I'm very confused!     

Does anyone that has sailed Harmony or another Oasis class ship, have any advice.  What are the favoured locations/decks on these ships?

Many thanks for any advice 🙂

Our go to deck on Oasis class is deck 12. There are about 100 fewer cabins in the front of deck 12 as opposed to lower decks.  We have had the forward hump on Oasis and Allure. We were in 12218 on Symphony which was between the humps.  We just booked Allure for 2020 and went back to the hump on deck 12 forward.  There is only about 2 extra feet in depth but my wife clearly feels they are bigger and worth the extra few hundred. Absolutely avoid deck 14, chairs moving  and commotion all day, OV balcony are not to bad but a neighborhood balcony hear everything.  Aft boardwalk balconys have most of the ocean view blocked by the big purple Abyss slide running down the decks.   happy cruising.  

OK thanks everyone so much for your advice.  I've still got a lot of thinking to do, including which deck to try to be on as Deck 8, 10 & 12 seem to be the most recommended ones,  but I do know that sticking with an ocean view balcony  (rather than Boardwalk or Central Park) will be what we want and that I should keep away from Deck 14.