PVP vs. TA

RWolver672

I know that if you book through a TA, you have to deal strictly with them.  My question is, what can we not see in Manage My Cruise if we book through a TA?  If I remember correctly, some of the info was not available when booking through a TA.  

Only thing I've seen missing was sometimes onboard credit (or any other perks such as free bottle of wine, etc.) from a TA may not show up until you are onboard. Otherwise, everything looks and acts the same no matter how the cruise is booked.

You will not have the option of making a payment or opting in or out of prepaid gratuities through Manage my Booking (also can't remember but the Cruise Care insurance may not be available to edit or purchase). You will still be able to edit your bed arrangement and dinner time, as well as make all other pre-cruise purchases in the Excursions, Spa Cabin Gifts, and Specialty Dining sections.

As previously posted any special perks or booking "gifts" will not show up on in Manage my Booking details or in your edocs unless it was also offered to those that booked direct from Carnival. Make sure you make a copy of any contracted perks from the TA's booking confirmation listing you "extras". Guest Services may not be able to just issue these, but sometimes they will let you call the TA without charge to find out why those were not received.

We always book with at TA.  The OBC cash for spending on board is worth it and covers at least both of our gratuities, and usually more.  True, the OBC does not show in the Carnival booking online.   We always take proof with us, however, our OBC has always been there; we have never had an issue.   We can still make dinner reservations, etc. online in our reservation, buy drink packages, etc.   

5 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

We always book with at TA.  The OBC cash for spending on board is worth it and covers at least both of our gratuities, and usually more.  True, the OBC does not show in the Carnival booking online.   We always take proof with us, however, our OBC has always been there; we have never had an issue.   We can still make dinner reservations, etc. online in our reservation, buy drink packages, etc.   

I have never had OBC from my TA not show up, but he once told me if that ever happens don't let it ruin your cruise. Deal with him afterwards, and he will straighten it out so we are not out the money we would have saved with the OBC.

I was thinking about switching to a TA but she told me that with CCL she has been only able to give is $50 OBC.  She told me RCCL gives OBC, specialty dining, priority boarding and wine.  I often get the $50 OBC from my PVP, for our next cruise I will have to compare to see where I get the best deal. 

1 hour ago, JMAE said:

I was thinking about switching to a TA but she told me that with CCL she has been only able to give is $50 OBC.  She told me RCCL gives OBC, specialty dining, priority boarding and wine.  I often get the $50 OBC from my PVP, for our next cruise I will have to compare to see where I get the best deal. 

With the big box store that rhymes with Bosco, between their gift card, credit card and executive membership we average around 11% discount on our cruise fare. 

Thats enough to motivate me to use them. 

Choose wisely and and to each their own. 

We had a TA for years and when she retired we got a carnival PVP.

Only difference I see is the PVP has a bit more pull when it comes to getting stuff done.*

* Your mileage may vary.