Can we get rid of the "Friends of Cruise Critic Forums"?

There are way way too many forums on this website, some of which haven't even had posts in them in many years if not close to a decade. Why are there still forums dedicated to nothingness that are a ghost town? Why have a hundred bullet point forums on the list? Having too many forums with little or no activity leads to,  well,  no activity. This site needs cruise line specific forums, a flights forum with hotel and parking questions, port forums, an insurance forum, and general cruise talk and not much more. Can we streamline this site a bit please? Still way too many off topic posts in the wrong forums because people don't want to post in the one of five hundred on this site that no one visits ......... Seriously, look at how many forums there are. I love cruise critic and am very active on here but it's a cluster ........... Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. 

Howdy tallnthensome!

Just posting your opinion on this forum will not "git 'er done". It is impossible for Management to read each post on each thread to see the questions, comments or concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback. As for the Hosts/Moderators, they are not Management nor employed by Cruise Critic. They are non-paid volunteers trying to help "direct traffic" and must follow the Moderator Handbook given to them by the Community Manager.

Questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should be sent via e-mail to the Community Manager from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and not posted on this or any other forum since that violates the Community Guidelines. An e-mail to the Community Manager is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Hosts/Moderators.

You need to contact the following via e-mail with your opinion:

LauraS

Senior Manager, Community

community@cruisecritic.com

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

There are way way too many forums on this website, some of which haven't even had posts in them in many years if not close to a decade. Why are there still forums dedicated to nothingness that are a ghost town? Why have a hundred bullet point forums on the list? Having too many forums with little or no activity leads to,  well,  no activity. This site needs cruise line specific forums, a flights forum with hotel and parking questions, port forums, an insurance forum, and general cruise talk and not much more. Can we streamline this site a bit please? Still way too many off topic posts in the wrong forums because people don't want to post in the one of five hundred on this site that no one visits ......... Seriously, look at how many forums there are. I love cruise critic and am very active on here but it's a cluster ........... Just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. 

A, they're at the bottom of list, so no real hardship 

B, plenty of them get a lot of posts.  Many have seen reduced usage after the changes to the community last year I will agree.

As somebody who regularly posts on one of those"Friends of CC" boards, you'd get a resounding NO WAY from me! Our group was originally founded as a private, then public 'social group' -- most members of CC didn't even know that those existed. Ours was quite active, and we were very dismayed to find that, during the last forum re-vamp, the 'social groups' had been eliminated. The Admins/Mods here were kind enough to relocate us in the "Friends of CC forum. I really do NOT think that our presence is hurting the OP of this thread -- or anyone else. BTW -- our board is quite active -- no 'ghost town' here!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

As somebody who regularly posts on one of those"Friends of CC" boards, you'd get a resounding NO WAY from me! Our group was originally founded as a private, then public 'social group' -- most members of CC didn't even know that those existed. Ours was quite active, and we were very dismayed to find that, during the last forum re-vamp, the 'social groups' had been eliminated. The Admins/Mods here were kind enough to relocate us in the "Friends of CC forum. I really do NOT think that our presence is hurting the OP of this thread -- or anyone else. BTW -- our board is quite active -- no 'ghost town' here!

Hi Suzanne:classic_biggrin: of course you are correct. Our thread is for longtime friends who enjoy chatting about cruising and other things.

Who knew folks would be so bothered by it?:classic_blink:.....see you on the flip side:classic_smile:

Nothing wrong with active forums but many are not. My thought is to clean up the site and combine many of the sub forums. I think by doing that you’ll create more activity within them with more questions asked and answered as well as in the proper forums. I think that there are too many small sub forums for people to know where to post their question and get it answered. Not enough activity in these forums discourages people from posting their questions there due to low activity and low chances of getting answers. A single main cruise related open forum would be very active and it would help streamline this site and clean it up. Not going to happen when their is a sub forum for everything. Nobody is purposely going to navigate all these forums all day to help out. A central location would be nice. Just my opinion again .....

As mentioned earlier, the format set up (if not to your liking), email management about it.  The table of contents is quite easy.....pick  a topic and click on the link you want...…..not sure why friends forums are upsetting you so much.

• Thanks 1