See most recent posting first on a thread

Back in the good ol' days, before CC was "improved," I could set a thread so that I would see the latest posting first. As it is now, I have to click on the latest page, and then scroll down until I see a new posting. Not very efficient, not very efficient at all. Am i missing a setting somewhere?

• Like 1

Yes, you are missing seeing something.  To the left of each thread is a blue dot.  If you have posted in that thread, it is a blue star.  If you click on that item, it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.  I am also reading that if you go to the right of the thread and click on the time of the last posting to that thread, it will take you to the past post.  EM

There have been many previous threads here about this.  

Just now, OCruisers said:

The blue star or dot MAY take you to the last post ... but not always.  :classic_rolleyes:

The dot/star takes one to the las unread post. If one scrolls up a few lines after arriving at the first unread post one should see a thin horizontal blue line above the post. The blue line indicates the end of read posts.

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

The problem is .... many just want to see the actual LAST post  ... not to be sent all the way back to the last unread post.  :classic_unsure:

There are threads that tell you how to do that too. Just search this forum.

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

There are threads that tell you how to do that too. Just search this forum.

I did try searching before starting this thread and after scrolling through 50 or so of over 1000 posts, I started this thread. Anyone have a link for “all the features of the new CC?”

1 hour ago, Travelfor2 said:

Hmm. Where do I find the blue dot? Sounds like it’s just what I’m looking for. 

When you are in a forum, and see a list of topics (threads), if you are signed in you will see, to the left of the title, a blue dot, blue star, or nothing. If you click on the dot or the star, not the title, it will take you to the first unread post. As soon as you do that, all posts in the thread are assumed to be read, so the next time you look at the thread title, there won't be a dot or star if no one has posted in the interim. (The only difference between a dot and a star is that a star means you have posted in the thread.)

2 minutes ago, Travelfor2 said:

I did try searching before starting this thread and after scrolling through 50 or so of over 1000 posts, I started this thread. Anyone have a link for “all the features of the new CC?”

Are you on a computer or a phone? If on a computer, and maybe a tablet in landscape mode, go to the topic listing for this help forum,  click into the search box at the far right, and select this forum in the options, then put "last post" into the search box. Use the quotes to get the phrase. You will get only threads that contain the phrase.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I am also reading that if you go to the right of the thread and click on the time of the last posting to that thread, it will take you to the last post. 

This isn't just academic. :classic_smile: Doing that will in fact take you to the very last post. 

So, OP, that last post is one quick click away.  No big deal.  😉