Laundry Package - Another unwelcome change

thecruisers6

Laundry packages now contain the wording....

“Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted.”

Another change that does not enhance the passengers cruise experience but diminishes it. 

Downgraded now to the same as other lines. Might as well provide a cheap bag to ram as much as you can in. 

Whats next - Heated up pre-cooked frozen pizza?

I'd heard of this before Christmas last and was going to try to confirm it on our January sailing.  However there was no laundry package offered.

It seems crazy that a policy has been introduced whereby most, if not all, will be sending ALL their laundry on the penultimate day of the cruise.  I imagine those working in the area will dread that particular day each cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

Thanks all that has made me feel a bit better. With baggage allowances and the YIN wardrobe I was starting to panic 😂

Has Matt been able to stomach another whisky Nikki? 

THe odd one! He has also been offered a rum one...

btw he didn’t try it but he was offered a whiskey with lemoncillo?

9 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

THe odd one! He has also been offered a rum one...

btw he didn’t try it but he was offered a whiskey with lemoncillo?

Haha don’t blame him. 

Do you think it would have a citrus nose 🙄

• Like 1

One of the whiskey Matt has been having is the Nikka one and he has just randomly received an email from one of the pubs in our village to say they have just started to stock it this week... and it is the pub our dog always wants to go in on our dog walk...2E729952-4F44-4F85-BB56-4169E682BF2B.thumb.jpeg.a74e89a66da30ad08ea503ffeba50b1c.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thecruisers6 said:

Laundry packages now contain the wording....

As Bea said this was first reported last year where the wording first appeared in the laundry package descriptions on the ship.  The internet wording remained "throughout your cruise" until fairly recently.  On my February sailing the package description on the ship had the new "must be used as a single delivery" wording but I was told since I booked online I was allowed to send laundry out in smaller batches.  I had brought a copy of my package's wording just in case.  On all my future sailings the new wording is in effect online so I expect to be held to that, although I suspect that an exception may be made for YC guests.  I do agree it is less convenient but we will manage.

Just to confirm we sent our laundry out in 2 lots and haven’t been charged any extra. Also we put the mark against folded and it has been returned on hangers each time...

• Like 1