48 Days to Go - Question

We sail on the Anthem in 48 Days! 

Entertainment is still not available to book! Is this common? Will it become available  or at this point should we not plan on it? 

I'd love any feedback from the pros on here. Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, kmeeker said:

Entertainment is still not available to book! Is this common? Will it become available  or at this point should we not plan on it? 

This doesn't sound good. How long have you been checking without success?

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "booking entertainment."  Since when do we have to book entertainment?  Entertainment is all over the ship, including shows in the theater and small combos in the bars to which everyone has access.  No one is required to book seating prior to boarding.  Did I read this wrong?  What am I missing here?

2 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "booking entertainment."  Since when do we have to book entertainment?  Entertainment is all over the ship, including shows in the theater and small combos in the bars to which everyone has access.  No one is required to book seating prior to boarding.  Did I read this wrong?  What am I missing here?

On Oasis class ships it is recommended to make entertainment reservations. 

4 minutes ago, st5310 said:

On some ships you need to make reservations for the big shows such as ice rink shows, broadway shows, water shows etc. I will need to reverse them for my upcoming Symphony cruise and on my last freedom cruise I had to reserve one for the ice rink show. But smaller ships you don’t have to reserve just the bigger ones especially oasis class because of the volume of people. But not for some things like comedy shows I don’t think. But anything that I can reserve ahead of a time I would personally always do to guarantee it. Happy Cruising. 

19 hours ago, kmeeker said:

kmeeker, I spoke with my TA today about that and other questions I had. We sail on Anthem two months today!!!  Anyway, she told me the reservations will open starting 45 days from the sailing date. Not sure if this is correct but that could be why it has not been available for my cruise yet. I keep checking as well. Enjoy your cruise on Anthem!! 

We are on the Anthem in 32 days and still have no entertainment to book. When people call they are told it is a glitch and it will be fixed shortly or we will have to book onboard. I have sailed Anthem twice before and we could book the shows many months out. I am not sure what is going on.

Denise

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

On Oasis class ships it is recommended to make entertainment reservations. 

4 hours ago, st5310 said:

Roger that.  I haven't been on an Oasis ship, so this is good to know!  Makes sense now.  Thanks.

And Anthem and Ovation.