New promotion starting today

laurieb

A new promotion started today, with up to 30% off cruise fares; we just saved several thousand dollars on a cruise in October 2020, that we booked onboard last year!!  We were able to keep our cruise now discount and OBC.  Our friends who are traveling in a Club World this cruise saved over 5000.00. 

The cabin price on this cruise and the one before had not changed since we originally booked in 2018

I'm sure there are cruises whose original prices have gone up since they were released, but do check and see if you can save yourself some money 🙂

Edited by laurieb

4 minutes ago, laurieb said:

we just saved several thousand dollars on a cruise in October 2020, that we booked onboard last year!!  We were able to keep our cruise now discount and OBC.  Our friends who are traveling in a Club World this cruise saved over 5000.00. 

The cabin price on this cruise and the one before had not changed since we originally booked in 2018

Lucky you! Congratulations!

As we all know it doesn't always work this way. The cruise we booked a few months ago has exactly the same price with that promotion as before without it. Prices might drop though in vast amounts as the cruise goes to a politically very sensitive area. (Middle East) We'll wait and wonder...

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

A new promotion started today, with up to 30% off cruise fares; we just saved several thousand dollars on a cruise in October 2020, that we booked onboard last year!!  We were able to keep our cruise now discount and OBC.  Our friends who are traveling in a Club World this cruise saved over 5000.00. 

I'm sure there are cruises whose original prices have gone up since they were released, but do check and see if you can save yourself some money 🙂

Nice to see that you were able to keep your OBC for booking onboard.  Others have reported losing that... which de-incentivizes one to book onboard.

12 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Nice to see that you were able to keep your OBC for booking onboard.  Others have reported losing that... which de-incentivizes one to book onboard.

I kept mine when I rebooked my November TA when the price dropped. Others told me I shouldn’t have, but the Azamara sales person was clear that I should keep it.

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I kept mine when I rebooked my November TA when the price dropped. Others told me I shouldn’t have, but the Azamara sales person was clear that I should keep it.

I'll find out tomorrow when I try to re-price two 2020 cruises while on-board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

Thank you so much for posting this.   We have had our eye on a 2020 Norwegian Fjords cruise for quite some time but have dragged our feet because of the price.    The price of the cruise has dropped a little over $3,000 so we have contacted our travel agent and told her to book it.   Cruise Critic is just the best!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Please come back & tell us!

If I am able to re-price our two August Pursuit cruises I should save $10,000.  If Azamara won't re-price I will save $33,000 as both cruises will be canceled.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Checked last cruise you cannot keep it. Grandma you got yours by error but they let you keep it. No one else has had that luck. It’s even more unfair as Platinum has most to lose. 

Perhaps it's a UK thing; 3 cabins on the 17 October 2020 cruise and we all kept our onboard booking discount and our onboard booking OBC. 

In the US, if you speak with an Azamara rep and they tell you you can't, I'd suggest you ask to speak with a supervisor, or call back later and speak to someone else