Following threads on the board

Moriah

I always used to be "following" a thread automatically if I had replied in it (or started it).  Lately, however, I have to click "follow" even if I've already written something in the thread, or I don't get notifications.  Any insight? I've tried to find someplace in my profile where I choose "always automatically follow threads I participate in" or something similar... but haven't found it.  Probably being very lame, but would appreciate it if someone can shed light.

1 hour ago, Moriah said:

I always used to be "following" a thread automatically if I had replied in it (or started it).  Lately, however, I have to click "follow" even if I've already written something in the thread, or I don't get notifications.  Any insight? I've tried to find someplace in my profile where I choose "always automatically follow threads I participate in" or something similar... but haven't found it.  Probably being very lame, but would appreciate it if someone can shed light.

Are you clicking on the thread title, or on the solid dot to the left of the thread title? If you hover over the dot you will see that it says "Go to first unread post." Click on the dot and it should take you to the first message you have not read.

I do know how to follow a thread deliberately by clicking "follow". My question is about "automatically" following because you have replied in a thread. That used to make you automatically follow without having to scroll up and click the follow button.  For me, lately, it isn't consistent. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

3 hours ago, billbunger said:

Are you clicking on the thread title, or on the solid dot to the left of the thread title? If you hover over the dot you will see that it says "Go to first unread post." Click on the dot and it should take you to the first message you have not read.

Thanks, but I was referring to the "follow" feature that gives you an email alert when someone posts in a thread you are following.