New: US Govt travel restrictions to Cuba announced

cbb

4 hours ago, kendon said:

I had non refundable air with American Airlines.  I called to ask if they were giving courtesy changes due to the situation, as I now had to change my travel plans.  They actually waived the change fees and I just had to pay the small difference in airfare.  Lesson:  if you don't get the answer you are looking for with the first agent, call back over and over until you do.  The fourth agent was more than happy to inquire and it all worked out to my advantage.

I wish our situation was that simple. Airlines give you one year from the date of purchase to complete your travel to and from the same places originally booked. OC me bought our tix Nov last year so unless they give me an extension to that year, I’d have to rebook and finish an alternate cruise 4 weeks after our original dates.

4 hours ago, CTLeeA said:

I wish our situation was that simple. Airlines give you one year from the date of purchase to complete your travel to and from the same places originally booked. OC me bought our tix Nov last year so unless they give me an extension to that year, I’d have to rebook and finish an alternate cruise 4 weeks after our original dates.

You have to "re-ticket"  not complete  travel before the 12 month purchase.... technically 24 months.      Since you  ticket from Orange County there are tons of options.   Once you cancel and get the credit  it can be alpplied to ANY fare from any where to anywhere......

6 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

You have to "re-ticket"  not complete  travel before the 12 month purchase.... technically 24 months.      Since you  ticket from Orange County there are tons of options.   Once you cancel and get the credit  it can be alpplied to ANY fare from any where to anywhere......

I don't think that is accurate as to all airlines.  I know at least two that travel must be "completed" within one year of the original booking.  

43 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I don't think that is accurate as to all airlines.  I know at least two that travel must be "completed" within one year of the original booking.  

with AA, one must begin travel from when the ticket is purchased.

55 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Not so with AA.  One must begin travel within one year from the date of ticket purchase.  (OC, btw, meant obsessive compulsive, not Orange County).

Looks like all the Timeless Cuba Sirena for 2019 and 2020 winter season have become Mayan Mosaic Cruises with a rather ho hum itinerary.  I hope that O will do something different for Sirena in the 2020/2021 season to replace the Cuba cruises. (note they forgot to change the map). The price for an A1 is around 1500 pp less  than the price for Timeless Cuba- so everyone can get 40% discount 🙂

Oceania.thumb.PNG.b6e09e00bfbf66a15b33b11c42da22b7.PNG

Edited by PaulMCO

1 hour ago, CTLeeA said:

(OC, btw, meant obsessive compulsive, not Orange County).

Now that's funny.  

AA was one I meant from personal knowledge.  Plus Southwest is another.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

Dear Mr. Ortega,

If you see my postings, you will barely find anything negative but typical state-owned not customer-friendly institutions like German Railways or German Post. When Facebook started, it was a "happy" world, and you only "liked" but never "disliked."

When I am breaking now my own rule, it would be my way to show my disappointment, that I will NEVER be able to post something positive from Oceania.

I can fully understand that you had to do something this the US-Administration changed the rules for travels to Cuba, and I was booked for 2020 on a cruise with three Cuban ports: most cruise lines only call Havana and call it a Cuban journey, but you also offered a call in Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba.

For me, it would be like booking a voyage to Yellowstone, Yosemite and Zion National Parks.

On a ship, I loved to see again since I made two voyages when SIRENA was OCEAN PRINCESS. I love the size of the ship.

But now you are offering the most boring itinerary of Harvest Cay, Belize; Roatan, Honduras, and Costa Maya, Mexico.

For me it would be like, you are offering me a visit to Central Park, New York City, Golden Gate Park San Francisco and Bayfront Park in Miami. For the price of Yellowstone, Yosemite and Zion National Park. To tell me how generous it would be to honor my price and giving a massive discount on the catalogue price of 6.198 USD for 7 nights (which never existed before because we should go to Cuba - by the way: if I am going on the world's best cruise ship EUROPA 2 of Hapag-Lloyd I am paying about 600 USD/night for a suite including marble bathroom - and not an inside stateroom!), disappoints me. On your bill, you are still charging for a Cuba Visa of 75.00 USD, although we are not going to Cuba. You are not offering any OBC for staying with you. Or you are not offering any future cruise discount if we would on a different itinerary of our convenience with Oceania.

Right now I am greeting you from Koper, Slovenia onboard of AZAMARA PURSUIT. Our first time and in January, we wanted to test Oceania. But after reading the messages my travel agent forward to me, the first thing I was doing was requesting my refund of my deposit and booking a time-slot with the future cruise consultant here on AZAMARA PURSUIT.

I went 27 times on your mother/sister company NCL, and since I felt I am getting too old for NCL I hoped to be my next 27 times with Oceania but obviously, since you are treating me this way, my following 27 times would be with Azamara.

All other cruise lines did everything to keep the customers with their lines when they had to change the itinerary, but Oceania.

Sorry: something I hate to use: but shame on you, Oceania.DSC03809.thumb.JPG.98bdc0d7fc2813cd92cb5f20f96bee05.JPG

• Like 1