First Timer Barbados Help

luv2cruise2thebeach

This is the first time we have ever stopped in Barbados.  My wife and I love to try out the beach at every new port that we visit.  What are some good beaches in Barbados, and are there any near the port that we can walk to?  We just like a nice soft, sand beach that doesn't have coral in the water like some of the Cozumel beaches.  We just need a chair and a drink, really don't need an all inclusive since we have the drink package back on the ship after our beach time.

• Like 1

Several Carlilse Bay beach clubs are within a 20+ minute walk from the port - Boatyard, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are all popular. Check reviews on this board and Trip Advisor. For about $15+ per person you can rent lounges with a shared umbrella and they usually include a "free" drink. Taxi will be about $5 per person if you choose not to walk.

18 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Several Carlilse Bay beach clubs are within a 20+ minute walk from the port - Boatyard, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are all popular. Check reviews on this board and Trip Advisor. For about $15+ per person you can rent lounges with a shared umbrella and they usually include a "free" drink. Taxi will be about $5 per person if you choose not to walk.

John,

Thank you for the help.  I didn't realize all of those places were so close.  It appears that all of them are the places where most people go.  Which of the three would you recommend given we are the only ship in port that day and we only have 2600 passengers and we are there from 8 am to 9 pm?

We enjoyed the Boatyard, including water toys and a boat trip to swim with the turtles and. snorkel over a ship wreck, plus they include a cab ride back to the piers as part of your admission fee. It can get busy and sometimes attracts crew members - if you want something more low key and don't want water toys, snorkel trip, etc. then choose another beach club.

Carlisle is a beautiful beach with awesome sand. My favorite so far has been The Boatyard. It's an added plus that the boat ride (just a few minutes out) to swim with all of the turtles is included for free. 

Check out my signature line and click the link which will take you to my reviews (listed by port) and you'll see tons of pictures. 

Have a great cruise. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, mitsugirly said:

Check out my signature line and click the link which will take you to my reviews (listed by port) and you'll see tons of pictures. 

Sorry, this is probably a dumb question but I just started using these boards....how do I find these reviews?  If I hover over your name, I can click on it, but then it just takes me to a page showing every post you've made.  What am I doing wrong?  I'd love to read your reviews!  Thanks!

Welcome to the boards! 😎 

Select the link at the bottom of her post that says "Click here for a full list of all of my ship and port reviews" - you probably need to be on a computer or tablet, not a phone. It will bring up a list of cruises and port reviews. Her reviews are very detailed and photo intensive.

3 hours ago, Moomduck1 said:

Are these beaches walkable with toddlers in a stroller? Is there anything near where we dock that's walkable? Thanks.

Boatyard and others are about a 20-30+ minute walk from the port. Come out of the port, turn right, and keep the water on your right.  If you prefer a taxi will be about $5 per person.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:28 PM, JohninDC said:

Welcome to the boards! 😎 

Select the link at the bottom of her post that says "Click here for a full list of all of my ship and port reviews" - you probably need to be on a computer or tablet, not a phone. It will bring up a list of cruises and port reviews. Her reviews are very detailed and photo intensive.

Thanks!  I'm on a computer but I still don't see any links at the bottom of the post?  It only shows the + for multi-quote, a quote button, and a heart to like the comment!  Do I maybe need to have a certain amount of posts before I get that function?

Edited by StarSeven7

21 hours ago, StarSeven7 said:

Weird! I definitely don’t see a line beneath that! Maybe if I post a bit more it will show up!

Since you are having trouble....

Here's the website: http://mitsubishigirl19.wixsite.com/mitsugirlys-cruise

Here's the list of reviews:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSKeubbh7LtuoKoGtgRxkdXEQF8H7yu94IXUu0kGYaIK-Cu5x2EIEnkm2K_QCeHtG5QgFDDBrEn1DcK/pub

I hope that helps until you get the signature line figured out. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Since you are having trouble....

Here's the website: http://mitsubishigirl19.wixsite.com/mitsugirlys-cruise

Here's the list of reviews:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSKeubbh7LtuoKoGtgRxkdXEQF8H7yu94IXUu0kGYaIK-Cu5x2EIEnkm2K_QCeHtG5QgFDDBrEn1DcK/pub

I hope that helps until you get the signature line figured out. 🙂

Thank you!!  I read one of your reviews before but I never found a whole list like that so that's great!!  Much appreciated!

On 7/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, StarSeven7 said:

Weird! I definitely don’t see a line beneath that! Maybe if I post a bit more it will show up!

There is an option in your account settings for whether you see signatures. You probably have signatures disabled if you aren't seeing it. 

To change the setting, click on the down arrow next to your login name near the top of the page and then click Account Settings in the drop down menu that opens. 

Click "Signature" and then click View Signatures.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

There is an option in your account settings for whether you see signatures. You probably have signatures disabled if you aren't seeing it. 

To change the setting, click on the down arrow next to your login name near the top of the page and then click Account Settings in the drop down menu that opens. 

Click "Signature" and then click View Signatures.

Yay!!  That was it!  Thank you so much!!  🙂

On 7/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, cruiseapril said:

We went to Harbour Lights on Carlisle Beach and enjoyed the beach club.

Does Harbour Lights tend to be more adult oriented?  We love kids, but would prefer an older crowd.   Boatyard seems to be family/kid oriented, so we will probably avoid it. Thanks.

20 hours ago, 2PinaColadas said:

Does Harbour Lights tend to be more adult oriented?  We love kids, but would prefer an older crowd.   Boatyard seems to be family/kid oriented, so we will probably avoid it. Thanks.

Yes. The lack of water toys, etc. tends to keep the number of children down.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:04 PM, StarSeven7 said:

Thank you!!  I read one of your reviews before but I never found a whole list like that so that's great!!  Much appreciated!

No problem enjoy! I'm glad you figured out the signature line setting as well. 🙂