Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
luv2cruise2thebeach

First Timer Barbados Help

This is the first time we have ever stopped in Barbados.  My wife and I love to try out the beach at every new port that we visit.  What are some good beaches in Barbados, and are there any near the port that we can walk to?  We just like a nice soft, sand beach that doesn't have coral in the water like some of the Cozumel beaches.  We just need a chair and a drink, really don't need an all inclusive since we have the drink package back on the ship after our beach time.

Several Carlilse Bay beach clubs are within a 20+ minute walk from the port - Boatyard, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are all popular. Check reviews on this board and Trip Advisor. For about $15+ per person you can rent lounges with a shared umbrella and they usually include a "free" drink. Taxi will be about $5 per person if you choose not to walk.

18 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Several Carlilse Bay beach clubs are within a 20+ minute walk from the port - Boatyard, Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive are all popular. Check reviews on this board and Trip Advisor. For about $15+ per person you can rent lounges with a shared umbrella and they usually include a "free" drink. Taxi will be about $5 per person if you choose not to walk.

John,

Thank you for the help.  I didn't realize all of those places were so close.  It appears that all of them are the places where most people go.  Which of the three would you recommend given we are the only ship in port that day and we only have 2600 passengers and we are there from 8 am to 9 pm?

We enjoyed the Boatyard, including water toys and a boat trip to swim with the turtles and. snorkel over a ship wreck, plus they include a cab ride back to the piers as part of your admission fee. It can get busy and sometimes attracts crew members - if you want something more low key and don't want water toys, snorkel trip, etc. then choose another beach club.

Carlisle is a beautiful beach with awesome sand. My favorite so far has been The Boatyard. It's an added plus that the boat ride (just a few minutes out) to swim with all of the turtles is included for free. 

Check out my signature line and click the link which will take you to my reviews (listed by port) and you'll see tons of pictures. 

Have a great cruise.