Grauities on Drink Package

niborHS

We are getting some perks on our upcoming Alaska Cruise, the Premium Beverage Package and Free Gratuities. I know that on NCL if you take the beverage package as a perk, they charge you the gratuity of 20% per day on what you would be paying for the package. Do they do this on Celebrity? If so, does the free gratuities only cover the gratuity on the cabin, or this gratuity as well?

Correct.  The included gratuity perk covers housekeeping, food and drink, and does not cover spa, hairdresser, babysitting and manicures.

you will Pay gratuities on drinks if you order something above the price point of your package also you will pay gratuities on full bottles of wine, martini flights, some liquor tastings, and other drinks not included in your package

Edited by cruisestitch

Hi R,

No, you do not pay a gratuity of 20% per day on what you would be paying for the package.

You pay a Service Charge of 18% when you buy the package.  Your package was free = zero SC.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ira

28 minutes ago, I_r_a said:

Hi R,

No, you do not pay a gratuity of 20% per day on what you would be paying for the package.

You pay a Service Charge of 18% when you buy the package.  Your package was free = zero SC.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ira

The charge is now 20% when you purchase a drinks package. 

Edited by jimzgoldfinch

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Not at all like NCL.  Beverage package received as a perk does not require you to pay the gratuities on the package.

Thanks. I went on a 4 night NCL with my sister-in-law and cousin, we were looking for something inexpensive. They had a great rate for a sail away, where they assign you the cabin a week or so before sailing, but it included no perks. When we realized how much more we would be paying for perks, and then added in the 20% gratuity they charged on the "free unlimited beverage", we decided that we would never drink enough to make that worthwhile. We were right. We bought a bottle of wine each night between the 3 of us, and had one other drink or glass of wine, they had a drinkable bottle surprisingly for around $35. And, we ended up with a great location on that assigned cabin. 

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, I thought “free” was pretty funny on NCL.  You had to pay gratuities on the “free” specialty dining package as well...

This changed several years ago. It used to be like Celebrity. Our two first, and only, cruises on NCL were in March of 2015. We really enjoyed the beverage package (although it's different from Celebrity's in several respects). Not long after that, they raised the daily service charge, started charging grats on the "free" beverage and dining packages, and a few other things that turned me off. We haven't sailed them since.

We sailed NCL for the first time when we wanted a Caribbean cruise in September and Celebrity had not yet put Equinox in Florida year round.  I know I’ll be stoned for heresy but we really really enjoyed Getaway and Escape!  The Waterfront!!  Different menus!!  Different shows!!  The cast changes but the cast we saw do Million Dollar Quartet absolutely blew me away.  Different cabins, coffee makers in the cabins, phone chargers bedside, a MDR open on embarkation day, our party of two were always seated at a table for four and the extra setups removed...

OK, now back to the thread...