Formal/theme nights

welwyngirl

Hi  we're sailing next Monday on Armonia on the NON Cuban cruise!  I'm sure this  has been posted dozens of times but can't scroll through all the posts. Will any kind soul advise if there are any formal nights on the cruise or theme nights and what the themes are?

Many thanks in advance

Lesley.

For our cruise in January, there was only one 'Elegant' (formal) night.  Here's the line-up for the week that we were on:

Monday (embarkation)        Smart casual

Tuesday                              'Elegant' night

Wednesday                         Smart casual/70s party night

Thursday                             White night

Friday                                  Smart casual (Italian night)

Saturday                             Smart casual (this was Cuban night)

Sunday                                Smart casual/Pirate night                                                           

When we went in March, it was Tuesday as Beam stated, and I have to admit, there was a fair number of people dressed up. Not tuxedo, but men in suits, women in gowns.

Not everyone, maybe 25%, and still able to go into MDR

Don't  they normally do 2 dress up nights on 7 or longer? I thought someone posted that is the norm but with Cuba it was different. So if that's the norm, I wonder with Cuba being axed if they will go back to the 2 night.... 

Also curious how they do our OBC.... if they put it all on one person's account or spilt it between accounts in cabin.... let us know how that works as well...

To offset our non Cuba day, they replaced it with an Italian night and suggested elegant dress. However, most people did not plan for 2 elegant nights. To be honest, I wear a dress to dinner every evening, so I don't pay attention to the dress code. I only noticed because this was the night of the Welcome Back reception and it stated elegant dress on the invitation. 

• Like 1

Just now, travelingtink said:

To offset our non Cuba day, they replaced it with an Italian night and suggested elegant dress. However, most people did not plan for 2 elegant nights. To be honest, I wear a dress to dinner every evening, so I don't pay attention to the dress code. I only noticed because this was the night of the Welcome Back reception and it stated elegant dress on the invitation. 

I do as well, skirt or at least slacks with blouse... I will pack 2 dressy dresses or skirts though... that does help with packing and I'm old school cruiser... I like dressing up for formal night and dinner... 😁

This is funny. My wife did not pack white for our Preziosa cruise in February. Sure enough because we did the b2b two nights without white for her. She gets really po'd  missing suggested dress. We even  shopped in port, to no avail. So now whenever we are in Marshall's or TJMaxx she scopes out the clearance rack to stock up on white dresses just for cruises.

Dennis

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Don't  they normally do 2 dress up nights on 7 or longer? I thought someone posted that is the norm but with Cuba it was different. So if that's the norm, I wonder with Cuba being axed if they will go back to the 2 night.... 

Normally 2 on 7 night cruises. We had 3 Elegant nights and 2 theme (white and 70's) on our recent 11 night cruise.

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info.  I'm a 'dress-up' person on cruises.  I usually only take dresses for evening wear as find it much easier than having to match tops and bottoms!  This will be only our 2nd cruise on MSC (originally booked for the Havana stopover!), but we've done well over 40. Pleased to know there are some 'elegant' nights so it's a few nice cocktail dresses and a few less formal.

Lesley

• Like 1