Has anyone had to visit a medical facility on RCI?

On 6/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, BellaCaps said:

Due to a few high readings of blood pressure my Dr put me on a low dose of a blood pressure med, an ACE inhibitor, and of course I leave Saturday for my cruise on Monday.  I have an appointment to go back tomorrow because I am having some side effects (just started the med) and want to see if it is alright if I hold off until I return from my cruise, as long as I can contact Royal and make arrangements to keep my sodium as low as possible.  

Anyway it got me wondering about the RCI medical facilities?  One of the possible side effects from my meds is a swollen face, or at worst, a tongue (which would be an emergency).  Is the ship equipped to deal with things like that?

Several years ago we were on a cruise and in the Fitness Center.My wife was on the treadmill and all of a sudden it began to accelerate causing her to lose her balance and fall.She hit her forehead and was gushing blood.Moments later two crew members were there with a wheelchair and rushed her to the medical facility.The doctor was off duty but came from wherever he was and attended to her needs.

We were on a RCCL shore excursion in the Caribbean where the open air "safari trucks" we were on was involved in a collision because the tour driver was aggressively passing other vehicles on the narrow roads. I slid forward and smashed my knee into the row of bench seating in front of us and suffered some mild whiplash. The tour company chose to complete the tour in another bus (so that they would get paid, even though several people on the bus reported being injured). Once back to the ship, the medical staff was very attentive. They provided "good" care. But at each step, the ship's "risk officer" was there asking questions trying to minimize the cruise line liability for the accident. VERY annoying.