Advance Notice of Gala Nights - No Longer

SLOTheta

12 minutes ago, ATC said:

5-Star Mariner Amenities

All 1, 2, 3, and 4-Star Mariner Amenities PLUS: 

Our most avid explorers enjoy our highest level of rewards. Upon earning 500 Cruise day credits, we welcome you into our distinguished group of 5-Star Mariners, you'll receive:

• Up to US$30 credit toward any Internet package
  • Two complimentary dinners in the Pinnacle Grill (free surcharge only)
  • Complimentary day pass to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon (1 per cruise)* 
  • 50% discount on BLEND (available only on Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam)

Oh sorry, if I wasn’t clear.  I certainly get my free 5* dinners.  But never received what was described.  

5* book their own dinners.  They are not pre-assigned.

Again, hmmm. We always get 2 free complimentary dinners from our TA--but then ALSO a free dinner from the ship. In Dec, we did get a package that included a dinner; we had 5 free dinners: 2 from TA, 1 from pkg, 1 from family, and one courtesy of the ship (a separate invitation than the others, each identified by its origin). I cannot say why, but uninclined to ask, "You didn't MEAN to give us this dinner, did you?" Lol. 

15 hours ago, calebandjess said:

We’re doing our first HAL cruise (a 12-night in the Mediterranean) this summer but booked last summer and don’t recall being told the number of gala nights to expect.

On a 12-night cruise you should expect 3 Gala nights. The number, although not the dates, will be on p.1 of your boarding pass. 

4 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

I'm 4 star.  Have never received a "free" night in Pinnacle on the first night or any other night.  Nor have we received a free night when we have been in a Neptune Suite.

I have been  5   star since it came into existence, stay in NS and never heard of free Pinnacle night for NS guests and hope I never do.  NOt that I have any issue about  a free Pinnacle  dinner,   a ' free night' is most unappealing to me.   I am sure  if they suddenly created  such a

thing,  I would not participate.

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

5 hours ago, catl331 said:

Ditto, except when given one from our TA

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one who doesn't get a free dinner from the ship or the captain 🙂 (We aren't big fans of PG dinners, but we would be happy to get a complimentary PG lunch 😄 )