ms Westerdam in Juneau June 13, 2019

Scrapnana

I guess I've never really noticed the Eclipse from aft. It looks like someone forgot to confirm the dimensions from promenade deck to the residence decks and just plopped a cube of rooms on top and called it good.

It still looks loads better than the ugly Edge. Lots of time (unfortunately) to study the back of that ship in FLL.

2 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I guess I've never really noticed the Eclipse from aft. It looks like someone forgot to confirm the dimensions from promenade deck to the residence decks and just plopped a cube of rooms on top and called it good.

It still looks loads better than the ugly Edge. Lots of time (unfortunately) to study the back of that ship in FLL.

That black strip really looks like an afterthought.

Roy

Are we going to be able to see her pull into the Franklyn dock - or is Eclipse too big?

Probably be following NCL anyway. 

Hope to be back about 9:30 pm EDT for Westie sailaway.

Edited by Happily@Sea

6 hours ago, Himself said:

I was reading Captain Albert's blog last night he mentioned there were three Captains on the Bridge, The Master of the Vessel. Captain Albert and Captain Pieter Bos.  Pieter must still have a roll with HAL.  John, are you aware of this?

You're talking about Zaandam right, Father? I haven't read that one yet however, I would think Captain Bos might possibly be back as a relief captain, for short time periods. Back several years (2008) ago after Capt. Jack van Coevorden retired, he also returned as a relieve captain, if I remember correctly, on the Rotterdam

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Copper, a question for you.  Alaska is definitely a US port, I'm wondering why the agents always call out their numbers in meters.

Roy

Hi Roy; the "calling out of distances" for the gangway final position is always done in meters, no matter where you go. I have never heard it done, or done it myself, in feet with the exception of the distance within the last meter. The port authority staff and/or, in Alaska, the CLAA port agents are all trained in doing it

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

I

You're talking about Zaandam right, Father? I haven't read that one yet however, I would think Captain Bos might possibly be back as a relief captain, for short time periods. Back several years (2008) ago after Capt. Jack van Coevorden retired, he also returned as a relieve captain, if I remember correctly, on the Rotterdam

I think Captain Bos had another roll. Check the Blog.  

• Thanks 1