Liberty aft cabin - vibration?

ATG

We have an aft cabin booked on Liberty next spring, on deck 6.  Recently we had an aft on a Princess ship and the vibration was awful!  We don’t usually book aft cabins, so I was wondering if this is normal?  The shaking was really bad during docking and leaving port.  It shook things off the shelves!  I know some vibration is normal, but this was excessive.  Any experience, especially on Freedom class?

Thanks!

While it doesn't keep me from booking, b/c we love those 2 bedroom GS, and they are only aft, I have to say that there's quite a bit of vibration going, but as stated above, only on docking and departing. 

I found the disadvantages (rocking and vibration) to be outweighed by the wake view and cabin and balcony. 

1 hour ago, ATG said:

We have an aft cabin booked on Liberty next spring, on deck 6.  Recently we had an aft on a Princess ship and the vibration was awful!  We don’t usually book aft cabins, so I was wondering if this is normal?  The shaking was really bad during docking and leaving port.  It shook things off the shelves!  I know some vibration is normal, but this was excessive.  Any experience, especially on Freedom class?

Thanks!

I think @Tree_skier stayed in a Aft balcony on Liberty.  He wrote a review back in Oct 2018 if you want to search for it. I don't recall him having any issues with the cabin. 

And to tack on to what Bob said- I did an aft balcony once on the much smaller Serenade , deck 7, and only felt vibration & noise when pulling up to/away from the dock. Nothing so severe that stuff fell off the counter but it will def wake you up.

Edited by HBE4

27 minutes ago, bighairtexan said:

While it doesn't keep me from booking, b/c we love those 2 bedroom GS, and they are only aft, I have to say that there's quite a bit of vibration going, but as stated above, only on docking and departing. 

I found the disadvantages (rocking and vibration) to be outweighed by the wake view and cabin and balcony. 

We have one of the 2 BR GS on Liberty coming up in about 80 days - cabin 9708. I can't wait to spread out and be able to tell the kids to "go to your room" if needed! 🤣 

• Like 1

Like @HBE4 said, I had an Aft Balcony on Liberty over halloween last year. We absolutely loved our cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat. I imagine that there was some vibration when docking or leaving port but it was negligible enough that it never registered in my mind and I never thought it was an issue. I actually don't remember it all.  You will love that cabin, the views are spectacular and the space is luxurious.  

fullsizeoutput_b3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_99.jpeg

You can read my live review here 

Edited by Tree_skier

We have had the Presidential suite right in the middle of deck 6...never noticed any at all....but to be frank, things like that don't bother me much, so I don't pay much attention.  Although I never heard any of our 4 couples mention it.

Edited by BecciBoo
add file

6 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

We have one of the 2 BR GS on Liberty coming up in about 80 days - cabin 9708. I can't wait to spread out and be able to tell the kids to "go to your room" if needed! 🤣 

TWO WORDS..... TWO BATHROOMS!!! 😁

• Like 1

You can see in the first video that everything is fairly steady.  This was taken with my iPhone in a selfie stick with a small foldable plastic tripod base.  If the vibration was going to be an issue it would have toppled my little selfie stick setup and sent it crashing to the ground.  It  sat on our little table that our deck was equipped with.

Edited by Tree_skier