Will they let me call and upgrade.

I bid to upgrade yesterday at 80 day out.  I currently have an inside.  I realized the price difference between my inside and a balcony is 600.  We also were going to pay for the dining package.  The price between my bid plus the dining package is only a 200  difference than  if I just call and upgrade plus I would get some internet min and shore excursion credit.  Will Ncl let me upgrade for the $600.  I know I'm after my 90 days so it it too late?  Am I missing anything.  I know I should just call, but I like to research things to death first :)

You can call NCL and pay to upgrade to a balcony, but since you are within the cancellation penalty period, I don’t think you will get the additional 3 perks: dining, Internet minutes, Shore Ex credit.  Can’t hurt to call them and ask though.

Edited by herdingdogmom

I would still make the attempt.  There is nothing lost by calling and asking the question. You decide if what they offer is acceptable. It might be, or not. Take a chance, nothing ventured, nothing gained. JMO. 

Enjoy your cruise no matter your cabin; it's a wonderful experience. 

I just did it.

Last week I upgraded my son's room from an inside to a balcony for $264. I did get all the current promos with the upgrade plus a $100 OBC. I was able to cancel the 4-day dining plan I had purchased, so the upgrade actually cost me $38 (not including the OBC). So, I guess it was actually free. BTW we were six weeks from sailing when I upgraded. Just call and ask them how much to upgrade and let them find you something. That's the way I did it.

If you get the upgrade, just make sure you cancel the bid.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Edited by Tcas1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tcas1 said:

I just did it.

Last week I upgraded my son's room from an inside to a balcony for $264. I did get all the current promos with the upgrade plus a $100 OBC. I was able to cancel the 4-day dining plan I had purchased, so the upgrade actually cost me $38 (not including the OBC). So, I guess it was actually free. BTW we were six weeks from sailing when I upgraded. Just call and ask them how much to upgrade and let them find you something. That's the way I did it.

If you get the upgrade, just make sure you cancel the bid.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

GREAT!!!! Congrats for smart shopping. 

You're very welcome. You can always upgrade. They just don't let you downgrade after final payment.

I wasn't on the phone for very long at all. Just make sure you let them know you don't want a guarantee (unless you're OK with that).

Edited by Tcas1

44 minutes ago, honeybear'scruisevacation said:

Called tonight,  for $431 got inside to balcony, $50 more on board credit, meal package, 250 min internet, and 50 shore excursion credit.  I think its a great deal.  Just called and said I want to pay to upgrade.  I'm very happy.

Hello! Is there a particular number that you called? Our last cruise was 3 years ago and, at that time, several posts suggested a specific number. I used it & was successful 🙂 There were also suggestions as to how far out from sail date to call. 

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, honeybear'scruisevacation said:

No, just the regular reservation number.  We have 75 days to go.  I'm not sure if we should have waited until closer but we are happy with what we got.

Congrats to you too, Honeybear! Have a great cruise! (We're under 50 days to our next cruise and can't wait)