Riverside Hotel??

doone

My next cruise we are thinking of going down a few days earlier and are looking to stay at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd.  Was wondering if they have shuttle to the pier or not?  If not, with the streets being so close and tough to maneuver how easy would it be to get a shuttle company there to take a group of 14 to the pier or would a taxi or Uber be easier? 

Thanks for your help.

Las Olas Blvd is a beautiful area of Fort Lauderdale and the Riverside Hotel is a great place. I’m pretty sure that they don’t offer any type of shuttle service to Port Everglades but they most likely will be able to recommend someone for you. While there you have to have dinner at Louie Bossi’s, an absolutely great Italian Restaurant just down the block. Great food, great drinks, and a great place to people watch. 

I don’t have any financial interest in the place but the food is always great. Bread is homemade, everything is fresh, and the staff always has a smile on there face and appreciate your business. Also like there pizza. Never had a bad meal there. My wife doesn’t like going there because she thinks it always too noisy. Drinks aren’t bad either. They must be doing something right, place is always packed, even during the off season.

35 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Las Olas Blvd is a beautiful area of Fort Lauderdale and the Riverside Hotel is a great place. I’m pretty sure that they don’t offer any type of shuttle service to Port Everglades but they most likely will be able to recommend someone for you. While there you have to have dinner at Louie Bossi’s, an absolutely great Italian Restaurant just down the block. Great food, great drinks, and a great place to people watch. 

Thank you for the recommendation on Louie Bossi's, that sounds absolutely perfect....will check it out.  Looking forward to staying at this lovely hotel and exploring all this area has to offer.  thanks so much...

57 minutes ago, BNBR said:

You sure? Lol.  I mean, this is a question about shuttles and you are writing paragraphs about a restaurant.  Which really isn't even a top 10 Italian restaurant In Fort Lauderdale.

Shuttles, restaurants, things to do, I always appreciate any suggestions...........

6 hours ago, doone said:

My next cruise we are thinking of going down a few days earlier and are looking to stay at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd.  Was wondering if they have shuttle to the pier or not?  If not, with the streets being so close and tough to maneuver how easy would it be to get a shuttle company there to take a group of 14 to the pier or would a taxi or Uber be easier? 

Thanks for your help.

Uber has worked well for me from the Riverside. For your group the concierge can arrange transportation. On heavy cruise days I have seen them actually have a shuttle arranged, they had the last time but we took an Uber as the cost for two of us sharing an Uber was less. I would see what the concierge can arrange for 14. Uber might still be a better deal. Our Uber X was $10.24 to the port in January. 

6 hours ago, doone said:

Thanks for your help.

There is no issue with maneuvering or anything at the Riverside Hotel.  Did you read something that suggested maybe?  There is a very large pickup/drop off area that can easily accommodate a bus.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.118379,-80.1360872,3a,60y,329.27h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sX5h23DqavpE6_Ij5X0qsow!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The main entrance to the Riverside is actually behind Las Olas and there would not be a problem at all with a shuttle.

Love The Riverside.  We just had drinks at The Boathouse, their amazing restaurant in The New River yesterday.

Also love Louie Bossi.  We try and brunch there every Sunday.  One of the top 100 restaurants in the US.

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There are a lot of restaurant choices in the area. I like Royal Pig Pub.  

I saw that, looks yummy thanks.

21 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Uber has worked well for me from the Riverside. For your group the concierge can arrange transportation. On heavy cruise days I have seen them actually have a shuttle arranged, they had the last time but we took an Uber as the cost for two of us sharing an Uber was less. I would see what the concierge can arrange for 14. Uber might still be a better deal. Our Uber X was $10.24 to the port in January. 

Excellent, I will inquire, we are sailing on a Sunday, maybe they will have something already arranged....good to know.

12 minutes ago, BNBR said:

There is no issue with maneuvering or anything at the Riverside Hotel.  Did you read something that suggested maybe?  There is a very large pickup/drop off area that can easily accommodate a bus.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.118379,-80.1360872,3a,60y,329.27h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sX5h23DqavpE6_Ij5X0qsow!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I did not read that anywhere, just an observation from looking on line and from my memory a long time ago...thanks for letting me know about the large pick up and drop off area at the hotel, very helpful.

1 minute ago, BlueHerons said:

The main entrance to the Riverside is actually behind Las Olas and there would not be a problem at all with a shuttle.

Love The Riverside.  We just had drinks at The Boathouse, their amazing restaurant in The New River yesterday.

Also love Louie Bossi.  We try and brunch there every Sunday.  One of the top 100 restaurants in the US.

Oh, ok, that makes sense, I think in my head I was imagining dropping us off on the main street, YIKES......

I saw the Boathouse on their video, looks perfect for drinks when we arrive.....

thanks everyone you have all been so helpful.

Another vote for Louie Bossi's.  Food is always excellent!

It's one of the restaurants my husband picks for his client lunches and meetings on a weekly basis because he feels it's one of the best in the area.  

9 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Another vote for Louie Bossi's.  Food is always excellent!

It's one of the restaurants my husband picks for his client lunches and meetings on a weekly basis because he feels it's one of the best in the area.  

Awesome, thanks again...............

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Which way is this Louie Bossi's.  We are there in two months and would love to try it.  Being on the boulevard with your back to the hotel.... which way?  Left or right?

Right, about 2 1/2 blocks. 

Since we are talking restaurants, the little bakery across the street to the left was good for a cheap and easy breakfast.  Down the block to the right was El Camino mexican type food was really good as was the french place next door both for lunch and dinner, can’t recall the name.  We also used lyft from the hotel to port and back.  They would arrange a shuttle but for our group of 4 lyft was just easier and actually less money.