Converting dining package into reservations

DougK

I've purchased the Distinctive Dining package for my upcoming Alaska cruise. As I understand it, with the package I can't get actual reservations at the restaurants until I'm onboard. But I'm a little hazy on what the process onboard is. Is there one centralized specialty restaurant desk that can handle reservations for all three restaurants? Or do I need to go to each one individually? Is there going to be a voucher or something in my cabin that I need to present, or is that information all in a database that they access? Since I'm in a Neptune Suite, is this something the Neptune concierge can handle for me, or should I do it myself?

Thanks for any info!

6 minutes ago, DougK said:

I've purchased the Distinctive Dining package for my upcoming Alaska cruise. As I understand it, with the package I can't get actual reservations at the restaurants until I'm onboard. But I'm a little hazy on what the process onboard is. Is there one centralized specialty restaurant desk that can handle reservations for all three restaurants? Or do I need to go to each one individually? Is there going to be a voucher or something in my cabin that I need to present, or is that information all in a database that they access? Since I'm in a Neptune Suite, is this something the Neptune concierge can handle for me, or should I do it myself?

Thanks for any info!

Correct - you can’t book until you are on board.

You should have a card in your cabin asking you to dial 98 (my memory is short but I believe that’s the extension for specialty dining).

BUT, since you are in a Neptune Suite, I’d head straight for the concierge.  They can do the dining reservations for you and often there may be a couple of tables saved for them and their clientele.

The concierge can take care of nearly anything you need.  They are a combination of front desk, specialty dining, shore excursions, problem resolution or just questions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

88 is the number to dial. But, yes, go direct to the Neptune Lounge. By far the better way to do it.

Agreed - best way IMO - besides, you are paying for this service, so use it!

My experience this past February and last May was that the reservations were already made for a set time and date.  This was on a card in our suite (a card for each reservation) when we boarded.  For the dates/times that didn't work for us, we went through the concierge in the Neptune Lounge to make the necessary changes.

Edited by bEwAbG

I was on the Koningsdam in May and had booked the 5 restaurant dining package online.  When we boarded in Civitavecchia, there were cards with the reservation date and time for each restaurant already in the room.  None of them worked for me, so I went to the Neptune Lounge right after boarding and was able to change all my reservations to something more convenient.  The process was fairly easy and I was able to get my first choice in terms of date and time at all the restaurants. My recommendation would be to write down the dates and times you would like your reservations before the cruise so that once you board you can head directly to the lounge and change the reservations to your preference.  That’s what I did and it took less than 5 minutes to get everything straightened out.  Enjoy your cruise!!

• Thanks 1