Can you bring your own pillow?

redrider73

I have a difficult time adjusting to "foreign" pillows and always bring my own when travelling.  Has anyone carried their own pillow with them on a cruise?  We are driving to port so airline restrictions are not a concern.  We also have FTTF boarding so, hopefully, I would not have to sit around holding my pillow for a long time.  If you have brought your own pillow, did you just inform your cabin steward of that fact?

You just bring it - nothing to check on really. We always stuff ours in our suitcase. No one will question a pillow boarding weather carried or packed away.

You can ask your cabin steward to take away other pillows, but we just put them on floor or top of closet.

Get a colorful pillowcase for it so it won't be mistaken for or mixed up with the pillows provided.  I carry the travel size My Pillow along, it squishes down into my carryon suitcase.  It has a colorful case.  My sister travels with a peanut like neck pillow.  I made a half dozen colorful cases for it.  EM

• Like 1

I always bring my pillow when I travel and just pack it in my suitcase.  When I cruise, I put a very colorful pillow case on it so the room steward can see that it is different from the ship's pillow.  Before I leave the stateroom, I put my pillow on the sofa  or chair so the room steward doesn't have to handle it.  Also, I sleep with a wedge pillow at home but don't bring it when I travel because it takes up too much room in my suitcase and I don't want to carry it around in my arms on embarkation and debarkation.  If you ask the room steward for more pillows, you can make your own wedge or you can order an inflatable wedge online..

Yes, as others have said, you absolutely can.  I bring my own feather-and-down pillow on every cruise.  Like others, I put a colourful pillowcase on it so that it is easily identified and not mixed up with the cruise line's pillows.  Actually, I put 3 pillowcases on it, so that I can remove the outer case if the pillow is dropped on the floor, etc.  I also pack a few extra cases, as well, so that I can change it every other day, dropped or not.  But that's just me with my hygiene / mild-germaphobish-thing.:classic_blush:  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redrider73 said:

We are driving to port so airline restrictions are not a concern

What airline restrictions?  many people carry pillows on an airplane, my wife does all the time. She loves her scrunchy down pillow

Always pack My Pillow and don't leave home without it!   The company offers a self vacuum pack for their pillows.  Place pillow in bag...squeeze out air and it seals tight.  Great for packing in your luggage.  Of course, I bought mine years ago and the Press & Pack Bag (3-Pack) are 6 bucks or so.  Check their website.  

Edited by HillBilly Bob
add text

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Get a colorful pillowcase for it so it won't be mistaken for or mixed up with the pillows provided.  I carry the travel size My Pillow along, it squishes down into my carryon suitcase.  It has a colorful case.  My sister travels with a peanut like neck pillow.  I made a half dozen colorful cases for it.  EM

One of the best birthday presents I ever bought for DW was a travel size My Pillow. Naturally she brings it when we travel.

I have allergies to perfumes and it's surprising how much of that "dab just behind the ears" transfers to a pillow even through a pillow case, especially to synthetic fiber ones. SO yes I always travel with my own pillow, like others have said just have something other than a plain white case on it and you should have no problems. Make it part of your carry-on only if worry about late delivery of checked luggage, but there is no reason that it can not also be packed to your check bag(s) either.