Navigator vs Mariner Refurbishments

I’m interested to hear the opinions on people who have sailed both on the 3/4 night itineraries post refurb. 

We did the Mariner in December and the Navigator this month. We would pick Mariner hands down. 

Mariner- feels like a Voyager class ship brought into 2019. Refreshed, new amenities without sacrificing its character. Would have been better if the cabins were all refreshed. But we loved it. 

Navigator- between replacing the old fantastic gym and spa facilities with cabins and the moving of venues around on decks 12, 13, and 14, the new cabana type things and overall layout of deck 12, the ship feels so chopped up and chaotic. You can no longer walk along deck 12 to the back of the ship, they moved the DL to a dungeon on deck 5, the whirlpools take away valuable deck space on 12 and cause a weird zigzag. The actual pool is beautiful, but they just overdid it and squeezed way too much in. 

Curious what other think. 

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

While we haven't been on either ship since their last "updates",  the lack of the free sauna and steam rooms in the fitness center kills Navigator for us.  

That’s a huge draw to the Voyager and Freedom class. Nothing better after a few days of drinking and eating junk. 

Navigator went from one of our favorites to a “probably wouldn’t do again” with the updates. There’s a lot of positives to the updates, but there are better much options in Mariner and Indy now...

Still a good weekend, but disappointed in the new path. 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

While we haven't been on either ship since their last "updates",  the lack of the free sauna and steam rooms in the fitness center kills Navigator for us.  

I agree... I have a family vacation coming up in September on Navigator which I booked before the "Amped" upgrades were announced. If I had a crystal ball that told me about the changes beforehand (especially that one), odds are super good we would be on Mariner out of Orlando instead. 

13 hours ago, JasonMason said:

I agree... I have a family vacation coming up in September on Navigator which I booked before the "Amped" upgrades were announced. If I had a crystal ball that told me about the changes beforehand (especially that one), odds are super good we would be on Mariner out of Orlando instead. 

Thats exactly what happened to us. We booked thinking the changes would be the same as Mariner. It feels fresh and new, but they just way over-did it. Feels chaotic. Totally fine for 3 nights we just totally prefer Mariner. 

14 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Navigator went from one of our favorites to a “probably wouldn’t do again” with the updates. There’s a lot of positives to the updates, but there are better much options in Mariner and Indy now... ...

And those options on Mariner/Indy will probably be removed at the next dry dock.

Thanks for the comment. We were on Mariner last summer and loved it (and have it booked again).  Trying Navigator this summer.  I think our kids will really enjoy those slides and I love how it's different from the standard Perfect Storm.  And the pool area looks neat.  Loved El Loco on Symphony so glad its on Navigator too.  Will be interested to seeing how ship for ship it compares as per your comments. I do like how you can walk laps on Mainer, so too bad if its chopped up on Navigator.

Edited by LuCruise