HOTS TV Connection

14 minutes ago, kcmrlitz said:

Yes and I tried it as well. No luck. I even disconnected their Ethernet but nothing changed. 

Kevin

Cycled power on the TV with the ship connection disconnected?

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Cycled power on the TV with the ship connection disconnected?

Yes. I must have had some good ideas 😁. I can't seem to find much on Google about it. 

Kevin

Did a little googling. What happens if you plug the ship Ethernet back in?

It sounds like it’s some service on the “smart” tv that’s not happy about not having a network connection.

If the message stays on the screen after you put the tv back the way you found it, I’d put in a service call.

(I’ve only been on Oasis, don’t remember having a problem using alternate HDMI port, brought my own universal remote.)

Edited by perditax

We have been able to use our Firestick to watch Netflix & Amazon...but one time on Freedom had problems due to the interactive TV. Our cabin steward got in touch with an onboard electrician and he ended up switching out the TV for us...his idea as we would never have asked or expected them to do this. 

We were just on Vision and had no problem at all but this ship has no interactive TV.

Please come back and let us know how this was solved for you on HOTS...we'll be on there in May and certainly want to use our Firestick.

Edited by Ashland

11 hours ago, perditax said:

Did a little googling. What happens if you plug the ship Ethernet back in?

It sounds like it’s some service on the “smart” tv that’s not happy about not having a network connection.

If the message stays on the screen after you put the tv back the way you found it, I’d put in a service call.

(I’ve only been on Oasis, don’t remember having a problem using alternate HDMI port, brought my own universal remote.)

I've tried with their Ethernet in and out with the same results. I even power cycled both ways as well. I may ask the steward to see if he has a solution but all of this may be by design. 

Kevin

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you try verifying your widget solution?  Sorry...too easy. 

You may need to get maintenance involved.  This guy sounds like he knows what he's doing, but then so do many people on the Internet:

I saw that post and thank you for sharing. I guess I will ask Royal and see what they say. 

Kevin

I found that a remote is not needed...at least on the Samsung TVs on Freedom.  There's a little joystick on the back lower right corner that normally controls power, volume, and channels.  If you disconnect the ship's feed from the back of the TV and then power back on, the joystick functions will change.  One of the options is source input, so you can use the joystick to change to the HDMI input.