What has the Diamond Concierge ever done?

Hi all,

What exactly is the point/role of the Diamond Concerige?

They don’t appear to have much authority to make things happen? I think it could be such a great resource but just misses the mark. 

I guess the second question is... has the Diamond concerige even gone above and beyond for you?

6 minutes ago, Static events said:

Hi all,

They don’t appear to have much authority to make things happen? I think it could be such a great resource but just misses the mark. 

I guess the second question is... has the Diamond concerige even gone above and beyond for you?

On Vision out of Dubai the DL concierge checked us in for our home flights and printed our boarding passes for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Do people usually  tip the Diamond concierge at the end of the cruise.?

We have on several occasions when the concierge was particularly helpful to us.

Once we took our lady DL concierge to dinner as she was like a great friend during our cruise.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Some do, especially if the concierge has provided services.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, loveheart said:

never have.

35 minutes ago, Static events said:

Hi all,

They have done little things like getting us specialty reservations when the venue was booked solid,  they have taken care of removing bogus charges on our sea pass account.  Biggest thing ever was on our last cruise on Symphony.  We had booked the Disney transport excursion. The bus left over a hour late waiting on guests to show up, left Disney Park a few hours earlier then expected because of major road work on the highway leading back to the ship. Spent three hours in Disney instead of 6.  Talked to the concierge when we returned and complained. We were instantly give a full refund of the transport cost and a full refund for the Disney park tickets. Total was over $325.00, no questions asked and the refund was a fully refundable OBC. We had a specialty restaurant booked that we paid full price for because we wanted a certain date for our Anniversary,  once onboard we were able to use a BOGO package night for our special night at Wonderland and the concierge was able to make the switch and gave us the full $98 refund as another refundable OBC.  We had pre paid Grats from our TA, plus a additional OBC.  First time ever we walked off the ship with over $600.00 refunded to our cc.  Yes the concierge can make things happen.  

• Like 1

Ask and they will make it happen.  Had an awesome young lady on Oasis a few years back.  Her soon to be husband was our waiter in 150 and he was as great as she.  Anything we needed she made happen and yes we tipped her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We seldom spend much time in the DL but on Oasis Class with the SL, we tip the Concierge(s). 

We often tip both. Laura often has morning coffee in the Oasis DL. Also the DL concierge may have oversight for the overflow lounge

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Ask and they will make it happen.  Had an awesome young lady on Oasis a few years back.  Her soon to be husband was our waiter in 150 and he was as great as she.  Anything we needed she made happen and yes we tipped her.

Beatrice

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

never have.

They have done little things like getting us specialty reservations when the venue was booked solid,  they have taken care of removing bogus charges on our sea pass account.  Biggest thing ever was on our last cruise on Symphony.  We had booked the Disney transport excursion. The bus left over a hour late waiting on guests to show up, left Disney Park a few hours earlier then expected because of major road work on the highway leading back to the ship. Spent three hours in Disney instead of 6.  Talked to the concierge when we returned and complained. We were instantly give a full refund of the transport cost and a full refund for the Disney park tickets. Total was over $325.00, no questions asked and the refund was a fully refundable OBC. We had a specialty restaurant booked that we paid full price for because we wanted a certain date for our Anniversary,  once onboard we were able to use a BOGO package night for our special night at Wonderland and the concierge was able to make the switch and gave us the full $98 refund as another refundable OBC.  We had pre paid Grats from our TA, plus a additional OBC.  First time ever we walked off the ship with over $600.00 refunded to our cc.  Yes the concierge can make things happen.  

And that wasn't worth a tip?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  At the time , no. It was a miserable day at the happiest place on earth. + the person sitting next to me kept reminding me how grumpy I was. 

I'm guessing the concierge took care of all of that on the last nightof the voyage. Pretty sure you got off in Miami the next day. Seems like miracle work to me. 

Did everyone get refund?

Edited by John&LaLa

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing the concierge took care of all of that on the last nightof the voyage. Pretty sure you got off in Miami the next day. Seems like miracle work to me. 

Did everyone get refund?

I do believe everyone got a refund, I know everyone complained but a lot of people on the bus were annual pass holders and only did the transport. . We walked up to the photo area where the concierge hangs out during the day and found her and the place was full a few minutes later.  She did everything on the spot using her iPad, that was at 3 in the afternoon on the last day before Miami. .  She did not ask for any Disney receipts, only asked what we paid to get in and the cost of the shuttle.  Went up to the cabin looked at our account on the TV and everything was done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1