Seattle Restaurant Recommendations

You will get a variety of suggestions.  We like Ruth Chris the most, others do not.   We don't care for El Gaucho, so there are personal preferences. There are numerous steakhouses in Seattle to choose from.

Most of the high end steak houses will cost close to what El Gaucho charges.  (Ruth's Chris doesn't even publish their prices.)  I haven't been there but have heard good things about Zane & Wylie's, located in walking distance from your hotel.  https://zaneandwylies.com/  The prices seem to be a bit lower than the others.  For a splurge, Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union has fab steaks and a great view too.  https://www.schwartzbros.com/locations/daniels-broiler-lake-union/

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

The Metropolitan Grill is another go to steak house. https://www.themetropolitangrill.com/

Second for the Metropolitan Grill-- I think its the best in town and its a local spot which in my book makes it preferable to the chain steakhouses you can go to in any city. 

For something a little different theres also Ascend Prime in Bellevue-- its on the top of an office building so amazing views. It has all the trappings of a traditional steakhouse but has a bit of an asian bent. We had a very good meal there. 

• 3 weeks later...

The top steak places in Seattle are all going to be $$$ (and I would say El Gaucho is my favorite) but if you want great meats and a great experience on more of a budget try the Grill From Ipanema and you can usually get a groupon for 50% off  .  It would be a 10 to 15 minute walk from your hotel. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

"For something a little different theres also Ascend Prime in Bellevue-- its on the top of an office building so amazing views. It has all the trappings of a traditional steakhouse but has a bit of an asian bent. We had a very good meal there. "

Ascend is wonderful but is it really expensive...more than El Gaucho, Daniels, or John Howie. The food and the views are amazing. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, Gardyloo said:

And let me guess, a Motel 6 lodging budget.  And you're coming to Seattle.

Oy.

😉

Motel 6 is even below my standards.:classic_laugh:

Edited by dahuffy

26 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I think there is a "Golden Coral" buffet in the Seattle area.

There used to be one in Bellevue. My middle daughter would insist we go there for her birthday. Thankfully it closed.

Edited by fastpitchdad

12 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

There used to be one in Bellevue. My middle daughter would insist we go there for her birthday. Thankfully it closed.

I haven't been to a buffet in I don't know how long, I know it's been over 20 years. I refuse to go to the buffet on any of the cruises we've been on. We only go to the MDR or find another option.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't gone on your cruise yet, check out the Brazilian Steakhouse on Lake Union called Novilhous Brazilian Steakhouse -  a little less $$ AND ALLllll the steak you can eat!  Delicious!  But I do agree with the Metropolitan Grill as my favorite steakhouse, though it is quite pricey!

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the "Tripple D", Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.  I have You Tube the episodes on where to eat. 

Also, you can call me crazy... but you can find groupons for that area too, of course closer to your cruise. Also, don't forget about points on your credit card, you might be able to get a gift card and then splurg on that wonderful steak house.  

Edited by Diggerof4