Cheers in Europe?

cpshaye

Does Carnival offer Cheers on European cruises? We're on the inaugural Mardi Gras in northern Europe cruise next fall and someone on another group said they don't offer it, and I just want to know why. We are doing a southern Mediterranean cruise this fall on Royal and have purchased their drink package....🙄

Just wondering....

2 hours ago, cpshaye said:

Does Carnival offer Cheers on European cruises? We're on the inaugural Mardi Gras in northern Europe cruise next fall and someone on another group said they don't offer it, and I just want to know why. We are doing a southern Mediterranean cruise this fall on Royal and have purchased their drink package....🙄

Just wondering....

that's a good question. If they don't I would probably have something to do with taxes if they don't. I did just reread their cheers package under FAQ section. 

• CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Legend, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas

call carnival and double check with them phone call shouldn't take more than a few minutes 

I'm sailing on the Radiance's 5/21/20 sailing out of Barcelona on a 9 day European sailing. Cheers! is available as an add-on in my booking manager even though the offer details page has a disclaimer that it isn't available on European sailings. Weird. 

9 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

I'm sailing on the Radiance's 5/21/20 sailing out of Barcelona on a 9 day European sailing. Cheers! is available as an add-on in my booking manager even though the offer details page has a disclaimer that it isn't available on European sailings. Weird. 

The system is designed for the vast majority of sailing and European sailing are aberrations (for the most part).  Hopefully they will continue the recent trend of more sailings.

Don't forget that cruising out of Barcelona will cost you an extra 10% Spanish VAT on all drink purchases when within 12 miles of their coast. Even worse if it is a Barcelona to Barcelona cruise that does not visit a non-Shengen country (Gibraltar, North Africa or Croatia) then the 10% Spanish VAT is charged regardless if you are in Spanish waters or not for the duration of the cruise.

38 minutes ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

Don't forget that cruising out of Barcelona will cost you an extra 10% Spanish VAT on all drink purchases when within 12 miles of their coast. Even worse if it is a Barcelona to Barcelona cruise that does not visit a non-Shengen country (Gibraltar, North Africa or Croatia) then the 10% Spanish VAT is charged regardless if you are in Spanish waters or not for the duration of the cruise.

Even with the drink package pre-purchased? I was told if you bought it ahead of time (therefore purchases out of Europe) no VAT, only if you bought it onboard? (my Barcelona - Barcelona cruise is on RCI.) 

There is a liquor store inside the pier in Barcelona and every Port also had stores. Nothing was confiscated. I do not think they “advertise” it but people were taking advantage of it. We had heard about it ahead of time and because we were in Barcelona a night early we made our purchases at a Walmart-type store. 

Does anybody know about the northern ports? The one I'm questioning is the inaugural Mardi Gras out of Copenhagen. I understand Barcelona has a liquor store inside the port but that won't help me on that one LOL! We will be stopping in Kiel, Gothenburg, Oslo, Zeebrugge, Rotterdam, Le Havre and ending in London. Does that mean we can bring a bottle of wine on each of those ports of call?

I have been trying to add the cheers package for my 16 day Transatlantic from Barcelona to Tampa (Oct 2020) and it shows available, but when I go to add it I get this message "  

Sorry, there were some problems with your submission:

• CHEERS! is not available for this booking. Please change the details or call us at 800-522-7648.: