Baltic , Norway , Iceland and the U.K. on the Zuiderdam 2019 with photos

We really loved our breakfasts at the Pinnacle Grill , in fact it was one of the major reasons that we booked Neptune Suites . It's quite ambiance and elegant decor reminds us of how good cruising can be . Service has always been very good to excellent and it has a variety of seating options small , medium and large . 

IMG_7385%203_zpsrrhuhuin.jpg

IMG_7386%202_zpsdgo2uo19.jpg

IMG_7388%202_zpshpqkj7mw.jpg

IMG_7389%202_zpso1nzr6fk.jpg

IMG_7390%202_zpssz1a9puz.jpg

IMG_7391%202_zpsnvfhejuq.jpg

IMG_7393%202_zpspvvku3as.jpg

IMG_7397%202_zpsp5ehvrgy.jpg

IMG_7396%202_zpsxhmonryw.jpg

On 8/4/2019 at 8:35 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Is anyone else seeing this page frequently ?

cc_zpsifkre2jc.png

Yes -- many times on Saturday and it was worse on Sunday.  I gave up on this site on Sunday.  Had it show up this morning which knocked me off CC.

Many of us have reported the problem on the special thread in another area of CC.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

I learned to drive the pink panther and if you could parallel park that ....

My favorite of that era was the 59 , mile high fins with rocket packs

caddy_zpsg7gj9gtw.jpg

Many of our photos from the wedding have faded or stuck together . Must have been all of the champagne !

My step grandmother wanted one of those Cadillacs with the "fins".  My grandfather said "no way"  he liked his big 8 passenger seat Cadillac -- back seat area was large with 2 drop down seats from the backs of the front seats.

11 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Yes -- many times on Saturday and it was worse on Sunday.  I gave up on this site on Sunday.  Had it show up this morning which knocked me off CC.

Many of us have reported the problem on the special thread in another area of CC.

I read the thread but didn't respond . I just kept hitting back button like a kid playing a video game . We would have said pinball back in the day .

12 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

My step grandmother wanted one of those Cadillacs with the "fins".  My grandfather said "no way"  he liked his big 8 passenger seat Cadillac -- back seat area was large with 2 drop down seats from the backs of the front seats.

As kids we thought they looked cool .

8 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I have been reading your recent reports in segments this afternoon.

It took me a while as I had to view all the pictures and videos.

Everything is GREAT!!

Thanks for persevering  we're getting near the end .

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

It has been interesting to see the changes that were made on the Zuiderdam.  We sailed on her right before she left for Europe for her dry dock.

It was our first time on the Zuideram so we had no reference point other then Halfacts . When we saw the balcony photos and the itinerary we decided to give HAL another shot after a not so good cruise on the Neiuw Statendam . We're glad that we did .

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:17 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

The Vasa Museum was also closed

We came to the ABBA Museum also closed .

I wasn't a major fan of their music in the day but I never remembering Agnetha looking sooo beautiful  before .

DSC07798%202_zpsyuaegnrq.jpg

I'm loving your round up!

We are doing the Baltic next year - ABBA Museum is a must see for me - can you say why it was closed please? 

And the Vasa, was there a reason?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shudie said:

I'm loving your round up!

We are doing the Baltic next year - ABBA Museum is a must see for me - can you say why it was closed please? 

And the Vasa, was there a reason?

Krazy Kruizers

• 100,000+ Club
  • Krazy Kruizers
  •  

More great pictures of the Zuiderdam.

I too am curious as to why the museums were closed.

We were there too early and thank you for your kind words .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

Nice photo review.  The Holland America ships were built for cruising in cool and rainy weather with that retractable roof over the pool area, and it is needed on the North Atlantic route/Voyage of the Vikings.  I think the roof was closed until we reached the "southern" Canadian ports.  I liked the Zuiderdam's Polar Bears by the pool, which others objected to when it is doing the Panama Canal cruises.

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Nice photo review.  The Holland America ships were built for cruising in cool and rainy weather with that retractable roof over the pool area, and it is needed on the North Atlantic route/Voyage of the Vikings.  I think the roof was closed until we reached the "southern" Canadian ports.  I liked the Zuiderdam's Polar Bears by the pool, which others objected to when it is doing the Panama Canal cruises.

We didn't see the roof retracted this trip . I wonder if others objected to the cows being left out in the cold when we went to Antarctica on the Zaandam  ?

IMG_9137_zps21sndwai.jpg

• Haha 1