On Board QM2 Now (30 Jun - 7 July)

MarkBearSF

4 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Which dining room will you be eating in?  Also, are you doing any drink and/or wine packages? Thank you!

We're in Britannia. No, we're not purchasing packages. It's too much hassle and too many restrictions for what probably would be a break-even proposition for us anyway. (We DO do the package on Celebrity - upgraded to premium - primarily for the no-hassle convenience)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Can I ask who the CWC reps are and who is the pianist in the Commodore Club?

I'll have to do some research on this one (I didn't see anything in the Daily Programme about the CWC folks). I CAN say that the evening pianist has been MUCH better than on recent years, when they seemed to only play classical music.  Check back in a day or two.
....and have a wonderful voyage!

Edited by MarkBearSF

Mark:

I apologize if you've said this already, but where is the ship heading to? It can't be a transatlantic because I'm getting on this coming Sunday (July 7) in Brooklyn to begin a 21-night transatlantic (with Reykjavik and Atlantic Canada on the return leg).

Will you be staying on the ship for that cruise?

Thanks.

Jim

The QM2 is in Halifax, NS today as part of the Independence Day sailing.  I believe they will call on Newport, RI before heading to Boston for the 4th.  We were on last year's version and were sad about missing it this year, so have already booked it for next year!

• Like 2

Campbell was on the QE for our Alaska cruise a few weeks ago. He said he will be going onto the QM2 in Southampton the 14th.

He was stuck at the top of the center stairs near the Corinthian Lounge on the QE, but had a loyal following.

We get on the QM2 in New York the 7th, so I am appreciating the reports from New England.

Hope you can keep Campbell on until we return westward  in August.

David

30 minutes ago, milkcow said:

Campbell was on the QE for our Alaska cruise a few weeks ago. He said he will be going onto the QM2 in Southampton the 14th.

He was stuck at the top of the center stairs near the Corinthian Lounge on the QE, but had a loyal following.

We get on the QM2 in New York the 7th, so I am appreciating the reports from New England.

Hope you can keep Campbell on until we return westward  in August.

David

I'm so glad that Campbell will be on QM2 for the July 14th sailing. He is very talented, and I hope they don't hide him away as they tend to do on QE and QV.

3 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

If possible,  can you post any dailies or Brittania menu options? Thanks. 

I've uploaded menus from the June Transatlantics to my Google Drive and am in the process of uploading the Daily Programmes.

You can find it all here. The folder also has Daily Programmes from the December 2018 12-night Caribbean Celebration.

I'll have some other info such as disembarkation information that was handed out and I've retained. The scanning and uploading is taking a few minutes per Programme but it should be up today.

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I've uploaded menus from the June Transatlantics to my Google Drive and am in the process of uploading the Daily Programmes.

You can find it all here. The folder also has Daily Programmes from the December 2018 12-night Caribbean Celebration.

Thanks, Underwatr. I'll depend on that for the answer rather than use my expensive data time.

To answer the itinerary question, Here it is:
Sun, 6/30 - Depart NY
Mon, 7/1  - at sea
Tues, 7/2 - Halifax
Wed, 7/3 - at sea
Thu, 7/4 - Boston
Fri, 7/5 - depart Boston 2 AM (so really, at sea)
Sat, 7/6 - Newport
Sun, 7/7 - disembark NY
(Next year, we'll do crossings again)

Edited by MarkBearSF

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

I'll have some other info such as disembarkation information that was handed out and I've retained. The scanning and uploading is taking a few minutes per Programme but it should be up today.

Thanks for posting these!

18 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

I'll have to do some research on this one (I didn't see anything in the Daily Programme about the CWC folks). I CAN say that the evening pianist has been MUCH better than on recent years, when they seemed to only play classical music.  Check back in a day or two.
....and have a wonderful voyage!

Thanks

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Do you mind if I add a link to these in the Welcome sticky ?

Thank you for this.

We are sailing on the 2019 edition of the Caribbean Celebration (repeating last year's great adventure) and with less than 6 months to go, this has us very excited!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Thank you so much. We board on Sunday, and this helped a great deal.

Mark:

Since you've previously done QM2 crossings, I'm wondering if there are differences in demographics (age, nationality, etc.) between guests on crossings and guests on 7-night round-trip cruises like this one. I'm assuming there are fewer UK or European guests, but I could be wrong.

Jim

On 7/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, Lanky Lad said:

Can I ask who the CWC reps are and who is the pianist in the Commodore Club?

Lanky Lad,
Sorry to take so long to respond. I was unaware both that the CWC Rep is also the Future Cruise Consultant and that the CC pianists were listed in the Daily Programme. (Of course, I'm certain that I'm not the first person to ask Purser's Desk a question which is answered in the Daily Programme 😉 )

The CWC Rep is Christopher Foy

The CC pianists are Andrew Cavendish-Grey and Steve Zakim

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

Since you've previously done QM2 crossings, I'm wondering if there are differences in demographics (age, nationality, etc.) between guests on crossings and guests on 7-night round-trip cruises like this one. I'm assuming there are fewer UK or European guests, but I could be wrong.

Jim,

Yes, there are significantly more "red tops," or first-time cruisers and the demographic is a bit younger There are a decent number of children, but in typical Cunard fashion, they are well tended and not disruptive aboard. There are a good number of Brits, but not the usual 40% or so (realize that a number of passengers are combining this cruise with crossings before and/or after) and about the usual size contingent of German and Japanese passengers (I believe there was a stop in Hamburg before the prior crossing and both languages are also used for the noon updates).

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 2

I didn't pay attention but I don't recall hearing Japanese on the preceding Westbound. The lifeboat drills on the Southampton-Hamburg and the Hamburg-Southampton legs took twice as long as usual since everything had to be read out twice, in English and then in German.

I always feel like I'm traveling when Americans don't make up a plurality of passengers. On the Westbound there were more Brits than Americans (but many of the Brits are on separate land tours this week, reboarding on the 7th).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1