Car Rental in St Johns Newfoundland

HALrunner

I remember an Enterprise rental agency wasn't too far from the port-- about a 10-15 min taxi ride. This was a while ago-- before the age of Uber so I cant comment on that part of it. But you don't have to go to the airport. I do remember thinking it would have been a lot easier if we just hired the taxi driver for the afternoon though and worked out a deal. 

I was just in Vancouver and not there.  

April 2019 - World-wide ride-share company Uber met with city staff of Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton to chat about potential for the service to operate in the province. The meetings, which took place in Saint John, aimed to talk about the potential for Uber to set up shop and the current bylaws from each city. Currently, Uber’s service is not available anywhere in Atlantic Canada.

35 minutes ago, Zuki said:

April 2019 - World-wide ride-share company Uber met with city staff of Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton to chat about potential for the service to operate in the province. The meetings, which took place in Saint John, aimed to talk about the potential for Uber to set up shop and the current bylaws from each city. Currently, Uber’s service is not available anywhere in Atlantic Canada.

Fair enough.  If you’re in Ottawa or Toronto or Montreal or Calgary, feel free to use Uber.

3 hours ago, Zuki said:

Note that the question was about St John’s (Newfoundland) and not Saint John (New Brunswick) although it is true that since St John’s is in an Atlantic province presumably Uber is not available there either. The meetings referenced above were about New Brunswick cities. 

I am from St. John's.  I do not believe there are any rental agencies by the port, the airport is about 15 mins by car.  There may be cheaper rental options from Kenmount Road locations (still about a 15 min drive) but airport rentals are generally more expensive than other locations.  Both are an easy cab ride (we do not have Uber or Lyft here yet).  Not sure on the price as I don't cab anywhere, but I expect $25 CAD or less.  Some locations like Enterprise on Kenmount Road used to offer a pick up service (not sure if they still do, but worth checking into).

Any other questions about the area though, please feel free to ask.

7 hours ago, oreilly76 said:

I am from St. John's.  I do not believe there are any rental agencies by the port, the airport is about 15 mins by car.  There may be cheaper rental options from Kenmount Road locations (still about a 15 min drive) but airport rentals are generally more expensive than other locations.  Both are an easy cab ride (we do not have Uber or Lyft here yet).  Not sure on the price as I don't cab anywhere, but I expect $25 CAD or less.  Some locations like Enterprise on Kenmount Road used to offer a pick up service (not sure if they still do, but worth checking into).

Any other questions about the area though, please feel free to ask.

Thanks so much! We will be in port on a Monday and it looks like the off airport locations are closed on a Monday:(.

My parents will be traveling with us and my dad is on a mission to find the best bakeries in every port. Any recommendations?!?