Pacific Princess coming.

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Grrrr! Princess have just cancelled the Dunedin port stop on the Pacific Princess NZ cruise due to "cruise ship congestion in Dunedin". They've replaced it with a stop at Timaru.

Since the main reason we do NZ cruises is to visit my brother in Dunedin we'll probably have to cancel this cruise and find an alternative. What a nuisance! 

Edited. Saw your response above. Bummer.  Stewart Island would have been the highlight for me if we went on this cruise. Not many ships stop there. 

Edited by icat2000

6 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Edited. Saw your response above. Bummer.  Stewart Island would have been the highlight for me if we went on this cruise. Not many ships stop there. 

I hope Princess has got confirmed port arrangements at Stewart Island, especially since they are there on Christmas Day which is going to screw up the locals Christmas festivities. Otherwise there will be yet another itinerary change. Obviously they released the original itinerary without having a confirmed port booking in Dunedin. 😡

Anyway we have a hold on a Cunard cruise which will tick a different box on our bucket list.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Seems very odd the ports were not locked in.

Yes, very odd but the Pacific Princess itineraries were probably thrown together in haste and Princess may have assumed there would be room at Port Chalmers. I can't see the ports schedule for that date, the online one doesn't go that far out.

Norwegian Jewel and Serenade of the Seas are visiting Dunedin on the 26th December 2020.

I have been there on the Diamond Princess and Radiance of the Seas was next to us, so assuming can only take two ships?

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Norwegian Jewel and Serenade of the Seas are visiting Dunedin on the 26th December 2020.

I have been there on the Diamond Princess and Radiance of the Seas was next to us, so assuming can only take two ships?

Yes, only room for two ships at Port Chalmers. That makes it very obvious that Princess didn't book the port before announcing the original itinerary. Those two ships would have been booked in for some time.