Sailing out of FLL, Flying into Miami - Question

Nessa1dc

My husband and I will be flying into Miami and staying at the Sheraton Suites in Ft. Lauderdale.  Is there a shuttle Service from Miami Airport to our hotel?  How much?  We would prefer direct service to the airport, but want to hear about everything.

We would also need a service from the Port back to Miami....

Thank you all.

Are you saving that much more rather than flying directly into FLL?

You can take an Uber/Lyft or there are shuttle companies available...we've used 

South Florida Shuttles.

We did the same thing but stayed at Hyatt place.  We used Lyft from MIA to hotel, hotel to POM and then from ship to MIA.  No problems and very easy to do.  Can’t remember the cost since this past January(getting old) but it was cheaper and cleaner then a taxi.

will do it again this coming January!

2 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

We did the same thing but stayed at Hyatt place.  We used Lyft from MIA to hotel, hotel to POM and then from ship to MIA.  No problems and very easy to do.  Can’t remember the cost since this past January(getting old) but it was cheaper and cleaner then a taxi.

will do it again this coming January!

You went all the way to Ft Lauderdale  to only have to come back to Miami for the cruise??

😲

On 7/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, Nessa1dc said:

My husband and I will be flying into Miami and staying at the Sheraton Suites in Ft. Lauderdale.  Is there a shuttle Service from Miami Airport to our hotel?  How much?  We would prefer direct service to the airport, but want to hear about everything.

We would also need a service from the Port back to Miami....

Thank you all.

I think the only shuttle  from MIA  is Super Shuttle 

You may have to do UBER or Taxi   to the hotel

We are using Frequent Flyer miles...we had no choice.  So Miami it is....also, the long and short of it is....

We are flying into Miami on Nov. 27th....renting a car...driving to brother's for Thanksgiving, driving back to Miami to return rental car on Friday...and then taking taxi/uber to hotel in Ft Lauderdale....cruise starts Saturday....

Just to put some color on it.  I will check South Florida Shuttle.

Anyone remember any prices...or approximates?

Thank you everyone.

54 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

We are using Frequent Flyer miles...we had no choice.  So Miami it is....also, the long and short of it is....

We are flying into Miami on Nov. 27th....renting a car...driving to brother's for Thanksgiving, driving back to Miami to return rental car on Friday...and then taking taxi/uber to hotel in Ft Lauderdale....cruise starts Saturday....

Just to put some color on it.  I will check South Florida Shuttle.

Anyone remember any prices...or approximates?

Thank you everyone.

Maybe I'm the only one still confused, but where exactly are you cruising out of POM or PE ? Why not return the car to FLL instead if you're staying at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale ?

5 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

Book a rental car to pick up in MIA then return to FLL and choose a Friday night hotel with an airport shuttle. Then you only have the cost to the port on Saturday.

First....thank you all for your input...

I took the advice of some and called the rental car company and requested that I pick up from Miami and drop-off in FLL.  I discovered, that is was cheaper for me to do that.  I just saved about $70....Pick up/drop off in Miami was $202.  Pick up Miami/drop off FLL is $131....I feel like I hit the lottery....

Thank you all so much.  Mission accomplished.

6 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

I took the advice of some and called the rental car company and requested that I pick up from Miami and drop-off in FLL.  I discovered, that is was cheaper for me to do that.  

Awesome! 🙂

• Like 1