Princess Fairbanks Lodge

jr8934

Several weeks ago there was a kitchen fire and they closed for repairs. We arrive July 24th. Just wanted to know if they've reopened.

Don't want to be surprised with a different hotel. Thanks!

Even if the Princess Fairbanks Lodge is fully operating, you could still be booked at another Fairbanks hotel.  I was on a Princess Cruistour recently with 2 nights in Fairbanks and I was booked into the Bear Lodge.  The Bear Lodge was fine for me.

You can look at the Travel Summary in your cruise personalizer to see where you are booked.  If you have already seen that and you are booked at Princess Fairbanks Lodge keep checking there to see if they made any necessary changes.

2 hours ago, jr8934 said:

Several weeks ago there was a kitchen fire and they closed for repairs. We arrive July 24th. Just wanted to know if they've reopened.

Don't want to be surprised with a different hotel. Thanks!

According to a Fairbanks news article I looked up on the internet, the Princess Fairbanks Riverside Lodge resumed lodging guests a day or two after the day of the fire.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

was your whole cruisetour group booked there ?

No, I may have been one of only a few at Bear Lodge.  Majority I think was at Princess Fairbanks Lodge.  Being at the Bear Lodge didn't seem to have any negative impact for me.

This was a nice hotel.  We were here the last week of the season and there was only one dining room open so we walked over to a local restaurant for dinner.  While I can’t recall the name it was one of the best and authentic meals we ate in Alaska.

4 hours ago, hpeabody said:

No, I may have been one of only a few at Bear Lodge.  Majority I think was at Princess Fairbanks Lodge.  Being at the Bear Lodge didn't seem to have any negative impact for me.

Four years ago part of our group was dropped off at the Princess Lodge and the rest, including us was at the Bear Lodge.  We were very happy staying there.  The free shuttle bus that goes around Fairbanks stopped at our hotel and it was a short walk to the antique car museum.  Don't be concerned if you end up at the Bear Lodge.

5 hours ago, jr8934 said:

Asquare, if you remember the name of the restaurant you ate at please let us know. I'd love to get out of the hotel for dinner. Joyce

Pike’s Landing it was very casual and had local beers on tap.  The plates were huge and we were glad we decided to share the entree.  We had a seafood fettuccine dish.

We were at the Princess Fairbanks Lodge 10 days after the fire. Most of the lodge was unaffected, but the first day we were there the restaurant was operating on a limited menu, using disposable tableware because their dishwasher wasn't up and running yet, and doing all the cooking outside on grills. We still had a decent meal and the grilled steak was delicious. The second day they went back to the regular full menus in their venues. 

We actually stayed the night at Pikes Waterfront lodge and the lobby was spectacular, had many stuffed animals from the area, the room was just as nice. Had dinner at Pikes Landing and the Salmon was excellent we would eat there again.

54 minutes ago, jr8934 said:

I have mobility issues. Would it be  walkable for me from the Princess lodge to Pike's Landing?

Pikes is basically on the other end of the Princess parking lot.  It is a wonderful restaurant!  The Sunday Brunch is amazing.

Depending on your mobility issues it may not be walkable. It really isn’t just on the other side of the parking lot. Maybe there is another way but we walked out the front door of the lodge and had to walk around the building...part of which was a gravel path (it was short). Then we had to walk by the Pike’s Landing hotel. Easy walk for able body but not mobility impaired.