When does Sip and Sail end?

fluffybunny22

1 minute ago, fishywood said:

Well if you know how to check for price drops, how hard can it be to find the Terms and Conditions of the promotion in question:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/sip-and-sail/

Offer valid: June 13 – July 16, 2019 on voyages in this sale only.

I didn't actually find the price drop. My husband did. He handles the finances. I do all the planning.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I didn't actually find the price drop. My husband did. He handles the finances. I do all the planning.

deleted ... :classic_ninja:

Edited by voljeep

3 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

OK fair enough.

You may also wish to pass on to him the hint that when he does a test booking to verify the new fare there is a View Promotions button/link on almost every screen that should also show the last day of the promo as well.

I didn't find it either -- I just assumed it would be the end of the month (June), was surprised to find it was still on for next year's June AK cruise. Leading to more anguish doubting my assessment last month that it was a good thing for DH and I, but not for Dsis/BIL who don't drink much. Their base fare under the previous sale (equivalent to 3FF but not called that) looks so much higher, my brain just doesn't want to accept that it's better to leave them with OBC and grats...

On 7/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, fishywood said:

Well if you know how to check for price drops, how hard can it be to find the Terms and Conditions of the promotion

Personally, the Terms And Conditions are contradictory.  The first sentence says "Free".  The fourth sentence says, "The Premier Beverage Package price is $59.99 per guest."  So is it "free", or is it $60/day"?  If free, then why even note the daily cost?

2 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Do a mock booking.

A mock booking would start by going to the Princess site, I assume.  Then do you find a cabin that's simply, "Balcony" (e.g.), or would you have to drill down to the particular two-letter sub-category of Balcony?

I appreciate the help!  Am Platinum on Princess, but have always gone merrily along with the original booking I made.  Now I have a feeling I may have missed on on some good reductions over the years.  (In 2005, our agent did call to let us know our cruise was reduced by a LOT, but she retired and we have not found a TA who seems to be that pro-active.)  Thank you again!!

57 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

A mock booking would start by going to the Princess site, I assume.  Then do you find a cabin that's simply, "Balcony" (e.g.), or would you have to drill down to the particular two-letter sub-category of Balcony?

I appreciate the help!  Am Platinum on Princess, but have always gone merrily along with the original booking I made.  Now I have a feeling I may have missed on on some good reductions over the years.  (In 2005, our agent did call to let us know our cruise was reduced by a LOT, but she retired and we have not found a TA who seems to be that pro-active.)  Thank you again!!

You would have to drill down to the category that you have booked to get a true price comparison.

2 hours ago, ecs66 said:

you are the one that needs to be pro-active, sorry ... I check prices almost daily ... coffee, check email, headlines, online banking, lottery results, booked cruises ...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

you are the one that needs to be pro-active, sorry ... I check prices almost daily ... coffee, check email, headlines, online banking, lottery results, booked cruises ...

This sounds so familiar, lol.  The first thing I also do while enjoying my morning coffee.  Actually just checked the other day and realized we had a price drop even with sip & sale promotion.  I was really surprised, but did save $456 on our 2 cabins for next May.  I doubt we will refare again unless OBC is really great in the 3 for free sale.  It's challenging when you have 4 cruises booked to keep up with.