Chairs and Umbrellas

Angiem

I've heard the green ones are free, but I just watched a video that said ALL of them are free and locals will scam/convince people that you have to pay for the other colors and clam shells.  We'll be there in a couple of weeks for the third time.  We've never paid for  a chair.

When you are on the pier walking toward the Dufry shop, to your left you'll see multi-colored umbrellas (blues and reds mostly)in the first 2-3 rows from the water.  Behind those are rows of darker green umbrellas, they are the free ones on that side.  On the right side of the beach between the ship pier and the excursion pier and beyond, all the umbrellas and loungers are free.  A bit of a drop to the water from them but no hassles from vendors and the Beached Whale offers food and bevies. 

On 7/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, BND said:

I've heard the green ones are free, but I just watched a video that said ALL of them are free and locals will scam/convince people that you have to pay for the other colors and clam shells.  We'll be there in a couple of weeks for the third time.  We've never paid for  a chair.

1 hour ago, mrpayroll said:

The locals started renting certain ones a couple years ago. It is not a scam. If you use theirs you have to pay.

My understanding is what they are renting are ones they  have taken for their own use and are in much worse shape.  The cruiseport should have priority and control over the port. 

• 2 weeks later...

In this picture (to the right of the pic) you will see the colored umbrellas then the green behind that. The green is the free area.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Horizon-2018/GRAND-TURK/i-DH4fcSz/0/f4f68ac0/L/PC170483 copy-L.jpg

Here's where we sat the last time we were here (for free) while the people in front of us paid $50 for 2 chairs and an umbrella.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Horizon-2018/GRAND-TURK/i-DzBDtLg/0/38dce616/L/PC170490 copy-L.jpg

**edit...I'm not sure why the pics aren't automatically coming up within the thread like they normally do*** ??

Edited by mitsugirly

22 minutes ago, gatorgurl said:

Does this mean that you can just disembark and walk to a public beach?

Yes.  The beach is right there.  You just need to be careful if you want an umbrella and lounger on the Margaritaville side. On the Beached whale side loungers are free, but fewer umbrellas

• Like 1