Solarium Bistro

15 hours ago, relaxlynn said:

A Solarium Bistro question with a twist.  For anyone who has sailed on Quantum and Ovation, is the Solarium Bistro a Hot Pot restaurant in the evening when sailing from Singapore?

Lynn

We are on Quantum in 4 weeks and currently following live postings on that other site. On the current sailing Solarium is no fee and looks very similar menu to those posted here. I'll update when we sail.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

We are on Quantum in 4 weeks and currently following live postings on that other site. On the current sailing Solarium is no fee and looks very similar menu to those posted here. I'll update when we sail.

Thank you, have a great cruise

Lynn

10 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

Thank you. Was it crowded?

we always board early and are there when it opens.  It is not crowded for a little while but does start to fill up as more people board the ship.

But it is nothing like the chaos in the buffet on boarding day!!!  We really enjoy it!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

we always board early and are there when it opens.  It is not crowded for a little while but does start to fill up as more people board the ship.

But it is nothing like the chaos in the buffet on boarding day!!!  We really enjoy it!!

That's exactly what I want to hear!  I'm hoping to hit it as soon as it opens, too.  Way less crazy crowded than WJ is what I've been hearing.  I'll be on Allure.  Is it chilly to eat there?

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

That's exactly what I want to hear!  I'm hoping to hit it as soon as it opens, too.  Way less crazy crowded than WJ is what I've been hearing.  I'll be on Allure.  Is it chilly to eat there?

The ones we have eaten at have been enclosed and also had some outside seating, so very comfortable whatever you choose.  

When you board go to the “forward” elevators and go up to Deck 15....Solarium Bistro will be just outside of the doors..

21 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

Is it open for lunch on embarkation day?

On Symphony, yes. Listed as open at noon but the last two weeks it has been open by about 11:45. Our choice for embarkation day lunch. When we go at opening, it is not crowded yet.

1 minute ago, grouchomarx said:

Does the buffet have typical "salad bar" items like greens, fresh veggies and proteins to add on top?  I like the idea of this for embarkation day lunch and would like to start off nice and healthy before I descend into total pigging out!

Yes.

• Like 1