Morning Coffee/Tea

Suzanneab

Hello.  Is it possible to have coffee/tea delivered to your statement in the morning prior to breakfast?  We would like to sit out on the balcony early in the morning?

Also, does anyone have a current in-room breakfast menu ?

We are sailing on Celebrity Eclipse.

Yes, there is 24 hour room service.  There is a charge for overnight deliveries.  I’m not sure at what time it turns back into free delivery but you shouldnt have any trouble getting early morning beverages.  You can oder then the night before even.

Yes, of course you can order early morning coffee! We always do that, along with toast or yogurt ... just a little fuel before heading to the gym. Breakfast is later.

You can hang the room service request outside the door, until midnight (or perhaps even later). As for the menu, it depends on your cabin category. Concierge Class has more comprehensive offerings, but the regular menu has ample "Continental" breakfast choices. 

In addition, and although this topic has been covered in many other threads, most cruisers will tip the delivery person a couple of bucks. In my case, I throw loose singles in a drawer for a few months prior to cruising. before you know it, there's a fat envelope to cover those tips.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.c19992f71da344d2fa655d71d6660974.png

image.thumb.png.ae382743f91b5a84b76b7167d6aa63b6.png

image.png

"On all sailings, a late night room fee of $4.95 will be added to all orders received between 11pm and 6am. Room service outside the hours of 11pm and 6am is complimentary, although you may wish to offer a gratuity to room service staff."

You can change things a bit such as ordering an omelette with more than one thing - just write it in. Also, be specific about milk, cream, sugar, honey for your coffee/tea and type of tea bags and how many. They have different types of tea, so you can specify.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, momjkm said:

Confused- the statement about gratuities- how do I tip the delivery person? Or is it included if i do prepaid? 

We do it even if we have prepaid tips - not sure that they would get much from that pool of money. We keep some one dollar bills in a drawer in the cabin and hand them a few when they deliver the order - sometimes they get out the door before you can give it to them. It's not expected, but is much appreciated. 🙂

• Like 1

I have never been able to figure out if those delivery people are included in the tip pool or not, but I think it’s just polite to give a dollar (or a little more if it’s a full meal )and I try to do that, But I have also found that sometimes they are in and out of the room so fast I don’t even have time to go to the drawer and get the money out before they’re onto their next delivery. They are not standing around with their hand out like you sometimes see in hotels.😊

• Like 1

Agree with not sure who is covered in prepaid tips so I tip the steward bringing our breakfast a few dollars each time. I assume they are not part of the tip so I take care of them for helping me make the cruise such a fine time! 

By the way, when you order coffee, it’s not a cup, it’s a carafe with I’d estimate 4 cups in it. So we usually order one coffee on the breakfast menu. Same with tea, you get a few tea bags and a enough hot water for 2 or 3 cups. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1