BJJ/workout space on ships?

albersl0

Hello - I'm excited to be taking my first cruise next year since I was a kid. I'm going to be on the Equinox next July. Obviously when I was a kid, didn't worry too much about the gym.  In the meantime thought, I've become a BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) addict. Does the ship gym have a wide enough space for floor workouts?  If I rounded up some people, would we be able to have a casual no-gi roll session, or would the ship frown on that sort of gathering?  Obviously yes, I could live for week without BJJ...but it would be fun to keep it up on vacation.  Like I said, it's been awhile since I've been on a ship, and everything seems bigger when you're ten, so forgive me if this is a stupid question/idea.

You need to take the week off. There is no room in the gym. I highly doubt you would be able to casually round up people to participate, or staff allowing it to happen even if you did. 

• Thanks 1

There might be some padded floor space in the gym, but not enough for more than one or two couples to do some grappling.  On a Princess ship once, I did a very little bit of TKD workout in the early morning before the gym rats came out, but there were no heavy bags -- I had to improvise.

Go to your roll call to see if there are any other BJJ practitioners on the cruise.  But keep it very small and low-key!

• Like 1