Just One Question, Bourbon?????

MadMarine

14 hours ago, VJMAZZ said:

I found this on an old post. It appears to be pretty current based on what I “remember” from our cruise last June. However, the recent fire at Jim Beam May affect availability. 

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_europe.pdf

Thanks for the link!  Seems adequate, I like my Knob Creek, but Maker’s will have to do.  😎.   First world problem.

19 minutes ago, MadMarine said:

Thanks for the link!  Seems adequate, I like my Knob Creek, but Maker’s will have to do.  😎.   First world problem.

Haha, there’s always our fave Jack Daniel’s

5 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Note that Blanton’s Gold Edition is also a bourbon, from the Buffalo Trace distillery - maker of Pappy Van Winkle!!

Yep, like Blanton’s for sipping but not in a Manhattan.  

I found this on an old post. It appears to be pretty current based on what I “remember” from our cruise last June. However, the recent fire at Jim Beam May affect availability. 

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_europe.pdf

I'm not sure where that menu is from, but it doesn't look like any of the menus I came across on Viking Jupiter last month. All the prices are in Euros. I thought all things on Viking ships were in USD. They were on our Midnight Sun cruise.

The only bar with a substantial variety of high end spirits was Torshaven, and on Jupiter its menu was on a tablet. While it did have a good selection of premiums, most were above the $15 limit to be included with the SS package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edit: I would have been all over those single malt Scotches. The only one we had was Bowmore 15

8 minutes ago, MadMarine said:

Hmmm...  big difference from the other menu. Perhaps the other included premium offerings were this one doesn’t?

That was a Viking River menu.

Viking Ocean pricing is in dollars, While Viking River pricing is in Euro’s.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:28 PM, just_dont said:

Definitely had Maker's Mark on Viking Jupiter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using

11 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

That was a Viking River menu.

Viking Ocean pricing is in dollars, While Viking River pricing is in Euro’s.

Thanks for the clarification. Still a disconnect with just_dont comment above re: Maker’s Mark.  

Thanks for the clarification. Still a disconnect with just_dont comment above re: Maker’s Mark.  
My wife took pictures of all pages of bar menus on our cruise last month. Tonight I can go through her phone and post specifics for whisk(e)ys, although I'd rather not post dozens of pics. IIRC, all drinks (other than bottles of wine) on bar menus other than Torshaven (i.e. Lobby, Pool, Explorer's Lounge, Aquavit, Theater) were under $15 (typically around $6).

But they absolutely had Maker's Mark.

I don't have the Torshaven menu, as that was an electronic menu on a tablet, but most premium pours there were seriously premium, with prices above the $15 SSBP limit.

3 minutes ago, just_dont said:

My wife took pictures of all pages of bar menus on our cruise last month. Tonight I can go through her phone and post specifics for whisk(e)ys, although I'd rather not post dozens of pics. IIRC, all drinks (other than bottles of wine) on bar menus other than Torshaven (i.e. Lobby, Pool, Explorer's Lounge, Aquavit, Theater) were under $15 (typically around $6).

But they absolutely had Maker's Mark.

I don't have the Torshaven menu, as that was an electronic menu on a tablet, but most premium pours there were seriously premium, with prices above the $15 SSBP limit.

Thanks much for the offer, but please don’t go through the effort.  Like most folks, I have preferences, but go with the flow.  Not a game changer.  Like I said previously, a first world problem!

Thanks much for the offer, but please don’t go through the effort.  Like most folks, I have preferences, but go with the flow.  Not a game changer.  Like I said previously, a first world problem!
Bourbon:
Jim Beam and Wild Turkey, $6/4CL
Jack Daniels and Maker's Mark, $8/4CL

Whisk(e)y:
Dewar's, Jameson, JW Red, $6/4CL
Bowmore 15yr, Canadian Club, Chivas, Glenfiddich 12yr, Crown Royal, $8/4CL

• Like 1