Dinnertime Seating Choices - will not let me change

cellfree

When updating my information on MSC for my September sailing, I want to change "second seating" to "first seating."  Once I click on Modify I can make the change but when I click on Save it pops back to "second seating."  Any ideas?

42 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I suppose what I do not understand is how “late seating” was added to my preferences. 

You are asked this question during the booking process unless you used a TA, I assume they would choose for you, I book direct.

I booked this with a MSC PVP, will follow-up with him. It is strange that my other two booked MSC cruises have “early dining” noted. But all is well and am excited to have a last minute September cruise on Armonia. 

Why should they when Black card is often shown as a "you do what I want" from a passenger , who in reality has NEVER sailed MSC before.  We who have earned Black card by loyalty don't flaunt it and expect extra perks when it is shown. We actually know who to talk to.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg
  • Like 1

It is really unfair of status match black card holders to think because they hold that card they deserve rules to be changed for them. Then I have witnessed too many times it is all the black card first time cruisers that yell and complain the most.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

It is really unfair of status match black card holders to think because they hold that card they deserve rules to be changed for them. Then I have witnessed too many times it is all the black card first time cruisers that yell and complain the most.

I suspect that would be first time cruisers on MSC, not first time ever on a cruise ship. It takes a while to learn how to navigate the system to one's advantage....

On 7/10/2019 at 9:51 AM, cellfree said:

When updating my information on MSC for my September sailing, I want to change "second seating" to "first seating."  Once I click on Modify I can make the change but when I click on Save it pops back to "second seating."  Any ideas?

Your dining time assigned is based on what experience you booked, not on your card status.  If you booked Bella, that is the lowest priority, followed by Fantastica and then Aurea gets anytime dining.

With Fantastica you should have good chance of getting it changed on board.  Just go see the Maitre 'D after you board and ask nicely with a kind of pleading look in your eyes.  Has always worked for me.  And have a great cruise!

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

I did book Fantastica.

And wow, I will never mention “black” status again, I erroneously thought that had something to do with Seating Choice, lesson learned!

Cellfree ... My comment was not a criticism.

15 hours ago, faze41 said:

Your dining time assigned is based on what experience you booked, not on your card status.  If you booked Bella, that is the lowest priority, followed by Fantastica and then Aurea gets anytime dining.

On my last 3 cruises with MSC 2 on Bella and 1 on Fantastica on the 2 bella experiences I requested late sitting and got late on both occasions so even with bella you can get what you requested

4 hours ago, Epos Man said:

On my last 3 cruises with MSC 2 on Bella and 1 on Fantastica on the 2 bella experiences I requested late sitting and got late on both occasions so even with bella you can get what you requested

I would hazard a guess that it is because the late seating is the least popular of the two .