Adventure - Diamond lounge - elevator access ?

I'm pretty sure Bob will know the answer to this one....

On the deck plan for Adventure, it shows the Diamond Lounge on deck 14 and it shows an elevator -- however, I don't see that particular elevator bank on any other deck plan.

Is there really elevator access to Deck 14 forward ?  and if so, how do you access it from another deck ?  (or, is the drawing just wrong ?)

We're going in a few weeks, and my mom is (mostly) in a wheelchair -- she would have problems climbing a flight of stairs to go to the DL.

Thanks in advance !!

Sandy

5 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

I'm pretty sure Bob will know the answer to this one....

On the deck plan for Adventure, it shows the Diamond Lounge on deck 14 and it shows an elevator -- however, I don't see that particular elevator bank on any other deck plan.

Is there really elevator access to Deck 14 forward ?  and if so, how do you access it from another deck ?  (or, is the drawing just wrong ?)

We're going in a few weeks, and my mom is (mostly) in a wheelchair -- she would have problems climbing a flight of stairs to go to the DL.

Thanks in advance !!

Sandy

Use the aft, port side elevator bank to get up to the Viking Crown area.  Those elevators are considered midship or aft.  The DL is on the starboard side of the Viking Crown area.

2 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

Thanks Bob !!  I knew you'd know !!

I see.... the deck plan makes it look like it's in the FWD but it's really in the AFT portion of the ship.... got it.  It's been a few years since we were on AD and we weren't Diamond then.

If you are on the deck 5 Royal Promenade, the correct elevators will be across (and a small bit aft) from Guest Services.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

If memory serves me correctly, only the inside bank goes to deck 14. I believe the outside only goes to 12 or 13. But it was a few years ago so I could be mistaken.

Correct - inside bank on port side only. Separate up button to use if you are going to 13 or 14 from a lower deck.

2 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

Correct - inside bank on port side only. Separate up button to use if you are going to 13 or 14 from a lower deck.

I've only seen the separate "up" button on Radiance class ships.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I've only seen the separate "up" button on Radiance class ships.

you know what, come to think of it i'm mixing up the two classes. 

I think all the elevators on the one side do go up on the Voyageur/Freedom classes.

3 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

you know what, come to think of it i'm mixing up the two classes. 

I think all the elevators on the one side do go up on the Voyageur/Freedom classes.

That's what I thought, but I was not sure enough to chime in.

All 4 port side aft elevators travel to deck 14. It is the Radiance class where only the outside facing elevators go to deck 14 which is why there is the Separate button that is used if you are heading to those decks there is a step up to enter the Viking Crown Lounge area . As there is a platform in the middle where the dance floor is. There is a bypass to the right that goes around it and will take you to the diamond Lounge . 

Edited by sergeant655
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sergeant655 said:

All 4 port side aft elevators travel to deck 14. It is the Radiance class where only the outside facing elevators go to deck 14 which is why there is the Separate button that is used if you are heading to those decks there is a step up to enter the Viking Crown Lounge area .  Look to the right and you will see a ramp . The diamond lounge is close to the top of the ramp

I believe that Vision class ships also have a separate button (and bank) for the Viking Crown elevators.

Snoopy, regardless of the exact nature of the elevators (as detailed here), rest assured that Royal Caribbean would not make the Lounges non-accessible.  Even on the Enchantment, there is a special elevator life up to the Diamond Lounge.  (this is the only Lounge that I know of that needs this)

22 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Snoopy, regardless of the exact nature of the elevators (as detailed here), rest assured that Royal Caribbean would not make the Lounges non-accessible.  Even on the Enchantment, there is a special elevator life up to the Diamond Lounge.  (this is the only Lounge that I know of that needs this)

That's what I thought -- but the deck plan is deceiving and I just could not figure out what elevator that was !!

Thanks !!