Coco Cay with 8 & 11 year olds

My kids 7-8 and 11-12 (age changes between visits) have been to cococay twice Aug 18 and Dec 18 (before any of the 'perfect day stuff opened).  All we did was a Bungalow one trip and a cabana the other trip (which had snorkel stuff they used for 20 minutes).  They swam in the water all day, lounged on floating mats, tried to catch fish with their hands and basically had the time of the lives doing nothing other than being on the beach for a day.  And we live in MD with a beach house in Ocean City NJ..so it isn't like they've never been in the ocean before 😉

Edited by dodgestang

Problem is they are going to be gobsmacked when they get off the ship and see all the water park rides and attractions. I personally feel badly for parents who had not planned on getting the water park pass and then their kids see all the stuff. Hard to say no once they see it. I think I would show them photos and videos BEFORE the cruise of all the cool stuff they are going to be able to do. The ocean, the beach, the enormous pool. If you don't want to do the water park, explain to them ahead of time that while it looks cool, it is not on the agenda for this cruise. 

I have 10yr and 7yr old girls and we've already spelled it out to them that we won't be using the water park on CocoCay. Plenty of slides on HOTS and there are pools and beaches on the island. I just refuse to spend $260+ on something for them to get tired within a couple of hours. I would be just OK with them in the park and us as chaperones but that is something they don't permit. My hope is the water park gets sold out before we dock, but I'm prepared and have set the stage for some tough love parenting for this day.... (I may eat my words but no plan right now, resist the FOMO and emotional psychological marketing!!

• Like 2

There are tons of games also on the island - BB, soccer ball bowling, etc.  There is no way they should be bored.  I WISH I could have taken my son when he was that young, we would never have gotten him out of the water!