Does coffee on my account carry over on b2b cruises ?

Orangefan

In the past I exchanged the mini bar for the coffee card package. If I was on a b2b, I could just continue using the card.  In  December I will be on the b2b Sky Inaugurals to the U.S.   Instead of having the cards , will the coffee package account  only be good for the first cruise . Or can I use it for the second cruise also?

Thanks,

Sali

With the ships that have medallion that's a tricky question. Unless some on these boards has experienced vla b2b with medallion, otherwise give princess a call. I've done that for random questions. 

15 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

In the past I exchanged the mini bar for the coffee card package. If I was on a b2b, I could just continue using the card.  In  December I will be on the b2b Sky Inaugurals to the U.S.   Instead of having the cards , will the coffee package account  only be good for the first cruise . Or can I use it for the second cruise also?

Thanks,

Sali

In May on the Royal Princess (MedallionClass) we confirmed that the coffee package was usable on both of our B2B 7-day cruises.

Here’s a link to a recent discussion about the same subject which you may find helpful.

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

With the ships that have medallion that's a tricky question. Unless some on these boards has experienced vla b2b with medallion, otherwise give princess a call. I've done that for random questions. 

and you've gotten 'random' answers ...:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think I will follow the Sky Princess cruises in Europe when they start in Oct.. There  seems  to be a number of people cruising b2b in the Mediterrean  and then TA. I will post at that time.

I did look at another thread with the same debate. However, the experiences were so different, I can't  determine a consistent protocol.

Sali

3 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

I did look at another thread with the same debate. However, the experiences were so different, I can't  determine a consistent protocol.

That’s been the problem with the new coffee package...Princess cannot decide about how to consistently manage their coffee package fleetwide.

I’m on the Sky’s Med & TA cruises but having booked as a single 28 day cruise which based on their rules that it’s valid on the cruise where purchased we’ll be okay.  No one knows for certain what those who booked as multiple cruises (7/7/14) will experience but our coffee package on the Royal was valid on our B2B 7-day cruises.

I've read various reports about carrying over unused coffees on B2B trips. I'm going to question them halfway through my next cruise. 

I'd really like to carry a few over to the second trip instead of losing them or having to drink more than I really want to.

Now that I think about it. The coffee package which would be loaded onto your medallion (as the medallion ships no longer use physical cards), if you're booked on a b2b. It would most definitely roll over to the next leg. My OBC always rolls over from one week to the next, therefore the coffee would do the same. Keep in mind the coffee package is punch based (limited # of drinks) unlike drink packages where you're paying a daily rate. I'd say woohoo, unless you drink lots of coffee (15 within the week), Then you would need to purchase another Package.

8 hours ago, majorjan said:

On my B2B 7 day cruises, I had three specialties coffees left over on day 7, and went to the front desk to ask if I could use them on my second leg. She said yes, as she looked on the computer.  On the second leg, the IC confirmed the pkg was valid.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've read various reports about carrying over unused coffees on B2B trips. I'm going to question them halfway through my next cruise. 

On our first of two cruises an IC barista recommended going to the PSD near the end of the first cruise to confirm the coffee package (unused specialties & brewed) would be valid on the second cruise.  Like majorjan our coffee package was valid on the second cruise & hopefully you’ll have the same experience.

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On our first of two cruises an IC barista recommended going to the PSD near the end of the first cruise to confirm the coffee package (unused specialties & brewed) would be valid on the second cruise.  Like majorjan our coffee package was valid on the second cruise & hopefully you’ll have the same experience.

👍:classic_biggrin:

22 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Keep in mind the coffee package is punch based (limited # of drinks) unlike drink packages where you're paying a daily rate. I'd say woohoo, unless you drink lots of coffee (15 within the week), Then you would need to purchase another Package.

Depends. The package comes with unlimited brewed coffee. If you drink a lot of brewed coffee, and not many Specialty Coffees, then one package can last you a long time.

2 minutes ago, richmke said:

Depends. The package comes with unlimited brewed coffee. If you drink a lot of brewed coffee, and not many Specialty Coffees, then one package can last you a long time.

Nice. I know with the physical cards. The rule was you got free unlimited regular tea. But after your first punch the unlimited regular tea goes bye-bye. So for the longest time I would get my free Earl grey tea every morning. Not sure why that has to stop after you get your first hole punch because what if the person decides they're just going to take the free stuff that's unlimited vs paying for a specialty.

28 minutes ago, richmke said:

Either way, it'll last for the one cruise no matter if you drink 1 or 15 specialty coffees during the cruise. 

38 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Nice. I know with the physical cards. The rule was you got free unlimited regular tea. But after your first punch the unlimited regular tea goes bye-bye. So for the longest time I would get my free Earl grey tea every morning. Not sure why that has to stop after you get your first hole punch because what if the person decides they're just going to take the free stuff that's unlimited vs paying for a specialty.

I think you misunderstanding the coffee program.

The unlimited tea, hot chocolate and brewed coffee is good throughout the whole cruise no matter of you have 1 or 15 punches remaining. It's part of enticing people to purchase the program or in the past the coffee card.

If someone told you that you couldn't have tea after getting a coffee you should have asked to see his manager.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Either way, it'll last for the one cruise no matter if you drink 1 or 15 specialty coffees during the cruise. 

Yes, but the original question is whether the package carried over on B2B cruises. If it does, and if you primarily drink Brewed Coffee, then it is a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

On my last B2B in April around Japan the coffee package was uploaded onto my cruise card. Good for first cruise but not the second. 

I often (in and around Australia) take my own coffee pot (French Press) put in my own coffee and ask the bar steward to fill it with boiling water and give me a cup and saucer. This isn’t because of the cost but I think the coffee on board is a bit rubbish. Prefer my own proprietary blend.

Is coffee gotten before 6am at the coffee bar still free to all? That was my experience on a cruise a couple of months ago, and one I hope is still in effect, as I am a very early riser and hope been able to take advantage of that on my next 2 cruises.