Travel protection plan added without my knowledge

8 hours ago, ashleyhaugh said:

This happened to me as well, when I changed an itinerary. We're nearly a year out though, so I haven't called to cancel it. I actually didn't notice it at first

Very simple to call and have it removed.  Problem is...we shouldn't have to correct their mistake (?).  😡

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:
18 hours ago, island lady said:

Latest CS agent on the phone a few days ago told me they were aware of the "glitch" in the system.  

Oh, that's what they are calling it.🙄

If it is indeed a computer glitch, then until it's fixed (next week, next month, next year, next whenever....) the CS agents need to be instructed as to what do. Which is to remove the travel protection charge immediately.  Or at least, notify the customer and let them decide if they want to keep it.

Anything else is unacceptable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

If it is indeed a computer glitch, then until it's fixed (next week, next month, next year, next whenever....) the CS agents need to be instructed as to what do. Which is to remove the travel protection charge immediately.  Or at least, notify the customer and let them decide if they want to keep it.

The CS agents are probably getting commissions on any "glitches" they are involved with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Very simple to call and have it removed.  Problem is...we shouldn't have to correct their mistake (?).  😡

This!

If I have to do the agents job for them, then I want part of their salary! 🤨

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

This!

A comedian who won Last Comic Standing a few years ago had a hilarious routine about inadvertently becoming a WalMart checkout cashier by going through the Self Service checkout line. "I didn't come here to get a job! But if I have to work here, where's my smock?"

I carefully monitored both my legs on our B2B in October as final payment approached to make sure no bogus insurance was added. Must only occur if you make a change and get a new invoice.

So, has anyone gone past final payment yet without seeing this charge?

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Can we say "Accidentally on purpose"?  

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

This!

I am very, very firm in my admonishment to the agent when I have to make any minor changes.  "Do NOT put Vacation Protection Package on my reservation.  I booked myself, never added it myself, never wanted it.  Don't try it".  Seems to work, and they seem to get the message.  Eventually this will (should?) catch up to them.