Travel protection plan added without my knowledge

8 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

It took them hours to fix the $18 booze glitch.  Let's see how long it takes to fix this one!  

Any over under bets?  🤣

Years.

• Haha 1

Happened again just a few minutes ago.  I called to change to a better cabin location on one of my B2Bs...and warned the rep on the phone not to add Vacation Protection package.  His response..."Oh but you already had it added to your confirmation". 😡  Me: "No...I did not.  I booked that myself online and checked off NO on the choice, plus double checked that it was indeed not on there.  For some reason it seems to mysteriously appear each time I would make a change...why is that?"  Agent:  "Oh..I will remove it".  

Make sure you recheck it if you make changes...no matter how minor.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

... 😡For some reason it seems to mysteriously appear each time I would make a change... ....

This is to enhance the company's booking experience.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea what kind of IT glitch causes such a thing to happen for days on end but when something like this doesn't quickly get fixed it eventually crosses the line from "glitch" to "scam".

I would pick "scam"....has happened to me each time I made a minor change the last few months.  😡

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

They had to do something since they can't mysteriously charge us for mini bar usage we did not use now.  😉 

Oh, they still have "inadvertent" pool towel charges for that.

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Oh, they still have "inadvertent" pool towel charges for that.

Yes, but I always assumed that was due to human error and the minibar issue as well. In this case the coverage is being added automatically and to me that is entirely a different situation.

6 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, but I always assumed that was due to human error and the minibar issue as well. In this case the coverage is being added automatically and to me that is entirely a different situation.

I'm not sure that all of those situations are not intentional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm not sure that all of those situations are not intentional.

Yup, me thinks something smells fishy...and it's not coming from the ocean.

Maybe an incentive for reps to add Vacation Protection to bookings this summer?  What's the worst can happen to them should they "inadvertently" add it on?  You either don't notice and end up paying for it without realizing it, or you call to have it removed to the tune of "Ohh...sorry.  I will remove it".  😈

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, me thinks something smells fishy...and it's not coming from the ocean.

Maybe an incentive for reps to add Vacation Protection to bookings this summer?  What's the worst can happen to them should they "inadvertently" add it on?  You either don't notice and end up paying for it without realizing it, or you call to have it removed to the tune of "Ohh...sorry.  I will remove it".  😈

So now we've returned to the question of whether this is something that an attorney (or consumer affairs department) should be interested in.

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

So now we've returned to the question of whether this is something that an attorney (or consumer affairs department) should be interested in.

It cost nothing to file a complaint with the AG office, and it can be done online. 

It has gotten to the point that when I call a company to place and order (when the online site isn't cooperating) or address an issue I always use the speaker function and record the conversation.  I tell them as soon as they get on the phone that I am recording.  Since real customer service has all but disappeared, I don't trust people as far as I can throw them.

Booked a couple months ago, no issue.   Today, turned it into a B2B and PP was added to both sailings.  On the bright side, only took my TA a few minutes to have it removed.  The shady part is even when he got it removed from the new booking nothing was said about the initial booking (either that it had been added or if we wanted it removed) and he had to go back again and have it removed from the initial booking as well.

19 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

Booked a couple months ago, no issue.   Today, turned it into a B2B and PP was added to both sailings.  On the bright side, only took my TA a few minutes to have it removed.  The shady part is even when he got it removed from the new booking nothing was said about the initial booking (either that it had been added or if we wanted it removed) and he had to go back again and have it removed from the initial booking as well.

I have learned now.  When I call CS to make ANY kind of changes...I warn them not to add PP.  They seem sheepish when I tell them...I am guessing they are aware of the problem there.  

Just now, island lady said:

I have learned now.  When I call CS to make ANY kind of changes...I warn them not to add PP.  They seem sheepish when I tell them...I am guessing they are aware of the problem there.  

If it is a problem ...

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If it is a problem ...

Latest CS agent on the phone a few days ago told me they were aware of the "glitch" in the system.  Problem equals opportunity?  😮 😈

Edited by island lady

Just now, island lady said:

Latest CS agent on the phone a few days ago told me they were aware of the "glitch" in the system.  

Oh, that's what they are calling it.🙄

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Latest CS agent on the phone a few days ago told me they were aware of the "glitch" in the system.  Problem equals opportunity?  😮 😈

Funny. Same term two different reps used in my conversations.