Does anyone know how Food Republic works with a meal voucher?

Cariot

I know they very recently NCL is allowing the meal plan to be used at Food Republic. Do you know how many plates you can order with it, because some of the dishes can run as low as $4, so to be limited to 4 items would be valueless. Is there anything you can endlessly order?

Edited by Cariot

I didn't eat at Food Republic my last cruise a couple of weeks ago.  But, I did dine there on the Escape last February (it's quite good).  IIRC, you could not use any part of the dining package to pay for all or even part of Food Republic dining.  That may have changed, but that's my recollection.

I will say I didn't spend a whole lot of money there (well under $20) and got quite a bit of food....all of it very good.

24 minutes ago, kkoenig89 said:

From the T&Cs (https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq) :For Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi, an SDP meal includes 4 menu items.

I read that yesterday, but wasn't sure if you're able to order more of a certain bracket. Just like how you're able to order more app/sides at the other restaurants. 

I believe this just started in June.  It was 4 items per person per credit.  I tend to order the more expensive options so it might be worth it depending on the package I got - if it was a perk and  that was the chosen restaurant go for it.  If paying for the 3 dinner package might not be worth it.  Do the math.

Would love to know how this worked for someone. 

As I recall, you order everything on a Tablet and then swipe your room card to pay for it.   How have they updated it so you can choose to use one of your SDP meals?  And if two of you are using a SDP, I would guess you would each have to order separately?

It's weird, I called NCL and spoke to a supervisor and they didn't even know how this worked. I called again later today and spoke with another supervisor and she said Food Republic was not eligible for the meal plan (which I found untrue and unhelpful). Urgh

7 hours ago, Cariot said:

It's weird, I called NCL and spoke to a supervisor and they didn't even know how this worked. I called again later today and spoke with another supervisor and she said Food Republic was not eligible for the meal plan (which I found untrue and unhelpful). Urgh

Reports recently it is included but limits on items.  Go first day and confirm with staff.  

Even last year the worthless concierge didn't mention half off first night for Haven but great staff at FR did.

Food and service is very good there.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Reports recently it is included but limits on items.  Go first day and confirm with staff.  

I'm going to check back in with this thread when I board this Sunday. Hoping it will help with other cruisers' planning with a confirmed answer by the staff.

5 minutes ago, Cariot said:

I'm going to check back in with this thread when I board this Sunday. Hoping it will help with other cruisers' planning with a confirmed answer by the staff.

So is there an assumption that the published terms are wrong?

22 minutes ago, Cariot said:

Looking forward to this, Cariot. Food Republic was the first restaurant my wife picked when we were trying to decide what restaurants to go to for our 3 SDP picks. Enjoy your cruise!!