Booking confirmation

yesididit

20 hours ago, happy v said:

From your description of the booking process it would seem the obstructed balconies have sol out, or are very close to.

Therefore you are being offered a balcony for the same price.

Slightly wrong sir, I booked a balcony and ended up with an obstructed view balcony.

Needless to say I have filed a complaint but I'm not standing on one leg waiting to hear 🙂

31 minutes ago, yesididit said:

Slightly wrong sir, I booked a balcony and ended up with an obstructed view balcony.

Needless to say I have filed a complaint but I'm not standing on one leg waiting to hear 🙂

Oh sorry, I completely misread it.

I hope you get it sorted.

3 hours ago, yesididit said:

I think I am reading this wrong you booked saver fair chose balcony was given obstructed view but you was expecting unobstructed,knowing full well that you have to pay extra to get the cabin you wish so where is there a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

I think I am reading this wrong you booked saver fair chose balcony was given obstructed view but you was expecting unobstructed,knowing full well that you have to pay extra to get the cabin you wish so where is there a problem.

I fear the problem is that although P&O separately identify the obstructed balconies on Britannia and give them a different code, when they offer balcony saver fares they don't seem to differentiate one from the other.

Terrier John, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I booked a standard balcony with no mention of grade. I paid the price for an obstructed view.

Their web site could do with an unobstructed view. Not too dissimilar to a footwear web site selling shoes without telling you what size shoe you will recieve.

19 minutes ago, yesididit said:

Terrier John, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I booked a standard balcony with no mention of grade. I paid the price for an obstructed view.

Their web site could do with an unobstructed view. Not too dissimilar to a footwear web site selling shoes without telling you what size shoe you will recieve.

Although I sympathise with your predicament, I don't really see you have a case to seek any compensation from P&O, but the best of luck if you try.

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I fear the problem is that although P&O separately identify the obstructed balconies on Britannia and give them a different code, when they offer balcony saver fares they don't seem to differentiate one from the other.

So P&O puts both obstructed and unobstructed balcony’s under the same heading,when we chose ours it was clear what you was booking have they now changed the system.

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

So P&O puts both obstructed and unobstructed balcony’s under the same heading,when we chose ours it was clear what you was booking have they now changed the system.

Possibly not the system but they have changed the website which was previously much, much clearer.

People are apparently also seeing different views depending on browsers etc.