Freeport Cruise ship port. What to do there?

ALWAYS CRUZIN

I will be in Feeport on August 21, traveling on the Norwegian Sun.  I am looking for fellow shipmates to join me on a private tour I booked that has good reviews on Cruise Critic.  The tour is called The East End Experience.  The tour company's website is ExperienceGrandBahamaIsland.com. The tour goes to Lucayan National Park, High Rock, Freetown Farm and other areas.  The guide picks up at the ship when it docks.  This tour is for 6 people, max.  To sign up and for more info, go to the website.  So far it's just me. I'm traveling solo (my husband is not interested in cruising.

41 minutes ago, heatherpl said:

what are some free public beaches I keep reading people are posting about?

You go to Port Lucia and walk past the police station at the end of the stores. There is the public beach. My son and my grand son went to it and they said it was real nice.

On 7/21/2019 at 8:54 PM, SunnySideUp100 said:

I will be in Feeport on August 21, traveling on the Norwegian Sun.  I am looking for fellow shipmates to join me on a private tour I booked that has good reviews on Cruise Critic.  The tour is called The East End Experience.  The tour company's website is ExperienceGrandBahamaIsland.com. The tour goes to Lucayan National Park, High Rock, Freetown Farm and other areas.  The guide picks up at the ship when it docks.  This tour is for 6 people, max.  To sign up and for more info, go to the website.  So far it's just me. I'm traveling solo (my husband is not interested in cruising.

Did you try posting on your Roll Call thread?

On 7/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, Jared100 said:

Definitley dont stay on the ship! go to the taxi stand and take a taxi bus to Taino Beach. The price to get there is predetermined at the cab stand. Its a beach club that only costs $5 to get in per person, and includes free non motorized watersports such as kayaks, paddleboards, and a water jungle gym for kids. Beautiful water and a free dolphin show every week. Chairs and umbrellas available, as well as snorkeling, jet skiing, ziplining, lockers, and plenty of food. 

@Jared100

What was the name of the beach club you went to (understanding that Taino is the name of the beach not the club)?  Do you remember the cab fare?

On 7/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, SunnySideUp100 said:

How much is this tour?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

How much is this tour?  Thanks.

It is $125 per adult and $50 for children age 3-11. It's an all day tour.  The guide picks up at the port when the ship docks.  We get dropped off at the ship one hour before the ship leaves port. 

I have been comparing tours and I think this tour is worth the money because it is an all day tour,  for only 6 people max and can be adjusted to the group's preferences.   And the tour company and guide are highly recommended on Cruise Critic. 

5 hours ago, SunnySideUp100 said:

It is $125 per adult and $50 for children age 3-11. It's an all day tour.  The guide picks up at the port when the ship docks.  We get dropped off at the ship one hour before the ship leaves port. 

I have been comparing tours and I think this tour is worth the money because it is an all day tour,  for only 6 people max and can be adjusted to the group's preferences.   And the tour company and guide are highly recommended on Cruise Critic. 

Thanks.  I was looking at a jeep tour as well.  I will have to check this out.

Now that we will be joined by my BIL and SIL, I am trying to figure out what 5 of us can do. Probably shopping or just walking around, depending on the weather in early October. Or maybe I will ship them off while enjoy a couple of drinks!!!

On 7/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, heatherpl said:

what are some free public beaches I keep reading people are posting about?

The fee beach is in town. Go ti Port Lucia. Walk to the end just past the police station and you will see it. A very nice clean public beach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:11 PM, lilalila said:

@Jared100

What was the name of the beach club you went to (understanding that Taino is the name of the beach not the club)?  Do you remember the cab fare?

There was only 1 beach club at Taino, the other was destroyed by the hurricane and not reopned. Cab fare is predetermined, the prices are on a marked board at the cab stand, but something like 15-20pp RT maybe less i dont rememeber