Sparkling Water in drink pkg

I noticed one of the drink packages (non alcoholic) includes bottled sparkling water.  Does anyone know what brand that would be?  Is it regular or the flavored variety (like la croix, bubly etc)

TIA 

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Usually non-flavored San Pellegrino.

We had the Deluxe Drinks Package on Freedom out of Barcelona last year and when we were in Chops Grill the waiter insisted the San Pellegrino sparkling water was chargeable as was the extra on our glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Rather than cause a fuss we let it ride but fortunately I had printed off what was included and had it in the safe.

Next morning I went to Guest Services and at first they said the sparkling water was not in the package but when I produced the evidence that it is in the package they wrote off all the drinks charges from chops.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We had the Deluxe Drinks Package on Freedom out of Barcelona last year and when we were in Chops Grill the waiter insisted the San Pellegrino sparkling water was chargeable as was the extra on our glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Rather than cause a fuss we let it ride but fortunately I had printed off what was included and had it in the safe.

Next morning I went to Guest Services and at first they said the sparkling water was not in the package but when I produced the evidence that it is in the package they wrote off all the drinks charges from chops.

I find it incredible that they would try to foist that BS on you about sparkling water not being covered.  I'm sure they have a 90% success rate getting people to back down.  Unfortunately, it seems the people on board are acting more and more like RC corporate management.

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I find it incredible that they would try to foist that BS on you about sparkling water not being covered.  I'm sure they have a 90% success rate getting people to back down.  Unfortunately, it seems the people on board are acting more and more like RC corporate management.

Or it is just a simple communication and/or language issue that a little additional training fixes.  Up until recently, you could only get the small 375ml bottles of San Pellegrino with the refreshment package.  They would charge you the large bottle price if they poured you sparkling from those bottles.  Now, they will pour from a large bottle and it is included in the refreshment package.  Wine gets confusing for some of the assistant waiters that now have to get diamond drinks in the MDR, we have had to remind them what type of wine is included.  Last cruise, our assistant waiter had a mini diamond drink list in his pocket that he would take out to verify our choice.

Sometimes it is just a misunderstanding and is easily corrected.

39 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks Bob.

I knew the sparkling water was included but didn't have the list of drinks with me in chops whereas the waiter was adamant it was not included so I paid because I knew it would be sorted later at GS in the morning and we cruise to enjoy ourselves not to get into confrontations.

A lesson for everyone that is to have your evidence for everything ie obc,pre-paid tips,pre paid dining what's included in the DP etc with your paperwork for the cruise.

The next 6 nights of that cruise we went to Giovanni's and no problems whatsoever.

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Or it is just a simple communication and/or language issue that a little additional training fixes.  Up until recently, you could only get the small 375ml bottles of San Pellegrino with the refreshment package.  They would charge you the large bottle price if they poured you sparkling from those bottles.  Now, they will pour from a large bottle and it is included in the refreshment package.  Wine gets confusing for some of the assistant waiters that now have to get diamond drinks in the MDR, we have had to remind them what type of wine is included.  Last cruise, our assistant waiter had a mini diamond drink list in his pocket that he would take out to verify our choice.

Sometimes it is just a misunderstanding and is easily corrected.

The waiter spoke perfect English and there was no misunderstanding he tried to rip us off but fortunately I had the DP list in the cabin safe.

In the DL the waiters know exactly what is included in the cocktail hours as do the waiters in the bars.

34 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

San Pellegrino and Evian is on the drink package. You need to ask for the Evian water or they just give the regular water that says treated by reverse osmosis on the label 🙄

First I've heard that Evian is part of any unlimited drink package.

• Like 1