Colors of Canada and New England

fatbob66

I have! It was nice enough. Certainly easy for someone who can't walk much (that would be me), although climbing into the carriage itself could be difficult if climbing a high step is a challenge.
It was a fairly short ride around the town, with some narration of what we were seeing.

I have done better tours in that port, though.

1 hour ago, fatbob66 said:

Looking for info and opinions and suggestions on the HAL excursion in Charlottetown.  Has anyone done the horse drawn trolley tour?

Thanks for your help.

Mum and I did this and we enjoyed it.  The horse drawn trolley in Halifax is also very good and is a very short walk from the ship.

There is a play in town which might be available. Anne and Gilbert. You can book through the venue website or HAL.

You might consider renting a car. Many US insurance companies cover rentals in Canada. Some travel credit cards also cover car rental as primary insurer.

Anne of Green gables. We found the PEI very interesting. Eat mussels and raw oysters if you like them. They are different than the ones we get in NW FL. Saltier.

10 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

There is a play in town which might be available. Anne and Gilbert. You can book through the venue website or HAL.

You might consider renting a car. Many US insurance companies cover rentals in Canada. Some travel credit cards also cover car rental as primary insurer.

Anne of Green gables. We found the PEI very interesting. Eat mussels and raw oysters if you like them. They are different than the ones we get in NW FL. Saltier.

Any specific restaurant suggestions? In any port on this cruise that you might have visited?

1 hour ago, fatbob66 said:

Any specific restaurant suggestions? In any port on this cruise that you might have visited?

Try  some reading or asking on the https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/9-canadanew-england/ forum, where you will see restaurant and excursion info from cruisers of other lines too.

Edited by catl331

2 hours ago, fatbob66 said:

The ports for a Canada/NE cruise are pretty much the same for all the cruises.  Just guessing I'd say about 15-16 different ports. The cruise lines seem to be adding more though.

Cattl331 provided the best link.

I remember the restaurants and locations, but I don't recall names. Sorry

Well FIVE FISHERMEN in Halifax.